Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Geert76

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 28, 2014
the Netherlands
Are there any European membes here with a ''shipped'' status? And what was your original delivery estimation in first place?

thanks

bibyfok

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2012
France
Are there any European membes here with a ''shipped'' status? And what was your original delivery estimation in first place?

thanks

Not on my side... France 1.2/512
Expédition sous : 3-4 semaines
Livraison : 11 Mai , 2015 - 18 Mai , 2015 par Livraison standard

Last edited:

SamR123

macrumors member
Mar 26, 2012
Haarlem
Nope.

I talked to a rep at the flagship store Amsterdam and I was amazed by the fact they didn't even expect display units in the coming week(s). He seemed pretty convinced that for Europe only online sales are available till last week of may. So I ordered one online. Can always cancel or return it if they do show up in stores.

This is one of the weirdest :apple: launches I remember.

kingofwale

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2010
Nope.

I talked to a rep at the flagship store Amsterdam and I was amazed by the fact they didn't even expect display units in the coming week(s). He seemed pretty convinced that for Europe only online sales are available till last week of may. So I ordered one online. Can always cancel or return it if they do show up in stores.

This is one of the weirdest :apple: launches I remember.

lucky you guys.. here in Canada they don't expect display model for 2 weeks.

I'm going to end up drive to US and pick one up for a deep discount

Geert76

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 28, 2014
the Netherlands
lucky you guys.. here in Canada they don't expect display model for 2 weeks.

I'm going to end up drive to US and pick one up for a deep discount

we are lucky guys? I think you are reading it wrong haha
We probally will have the same as you guys in Canada...no display models till the end of April/beginning of May.

rodknocker

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2011

thanks

I'm from Germany.
Shipment in 3-4 weeks.

I was yesterday in the Apple Retail store. They also don't have any MacBooks yet.
They said that the MacBook will arrive in 3-4 weeks. Same the Apple Online Store shipment status

palmsnipe

macrumors newbie
Apr 11, 2015
Finland
I think it's like this :
For base model
  • USA - < 3 weeks
  • EU - 3-4 weeks
Gold model or 1.3GHz
  • USA - 3-4 weeks
  • EU - 4-6 weeks

Elise

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2007
London
Heh you can't even see it now as folks are too busy checking their order status :D This is what happens when I click on mine.

We're Sorry
Something went wrong with your request. Please try again later.​

vampireweek-end

macrumors newbie
Apr 12, 2015
France
I am getting "service unavailable, please try again later" when i am checking my order status, maybe they are updating the dates delivery # 4-6 weeks is a long wait allright

iscajal

macrumors member
Apr 10, 2015
I am getting "service unavailable, please try again later" when i am checking my order status, maybe they are updating the dates delivery # 4-6 weeks is a long wait allright

End of the world confirmed. :) But I'm hoping myself for quicker shipping .. that was a huge let-down, having ordered 10 minutes after the shop was up and seeing a 4wk delivery time.

No-Me

macrumors 6502a
Jul 3, 2011
Rotterdam
Heh you can't even see it now as folks are too busy checking their order status :D This is what happens when I click on mine.

Are you using your primary Apple ID email address? I didn't and got the same message, change the email address to the primary (which is not the one I use to log in) and than it worked.

My Status for my 1.3Ghz Space Gray (the Netherlands):
Processing Items Available to ship: 3-4 weeks
Delivers: 08 May, 2015 - 15 May, 2015

I also ordered a gold 1.2Ghz for my wife and that shows the exact same delivery dates.

GixxerPilot

macrumors newbie
Jan 19, 2015
Nope!

Here is what my order page says:
Processing Items
Available to ship: 3-4 weeks
Delivers: 07 May, 2015 - 15 May, 2015 by Standard Shipping

I ordered the 1.3gHz 512gb version in space grey on launch day and I am located in Denmark :cool:

palmsnipe

macrumors newbie
Apr 11, 2015
Finland
hum .. it seems i'm unlucky .. i have to wait 4-6 weeks for the MB 1.3-512 Space Grey, and i also booked it friday in the middle of the afternoon.

SamR123

macrumors member
Mar 26, 2012
Haarlem
I was kinda hoping at least some of us would have seen a status change by now. Guess it's really going to take about a month. O well.

palmsnipe

macrumors newbie
Apr 11, 2015
Finland
I was kinda hoping at least some of us would have seen a status change by now. Guess it's really going to take about a month. O well.

And i'm afraid Apple is giving priority to US buyers, that make the shipping for Europe even longer. I hope it won't be like that but i bet more for the longest shipping dates if it's not more.

Geert76

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 28, 2014
the Netherlands
Yeah, first Apple will serve their US customers first and then Europe.

My guess we have to wait up to 4 weeks from now. Time will tell! :rolleyes:

dexterbell

macrumors 6502a
Jan 29, 2015
You never know. 50,000 ordered is not a lot at all. Apple is going to ramp up production I'm sure and they will probably get caught up sooner than later. I doubt you guys will be waiting that long.

SamR123

macrumors member
Mar 26, 2012
Haarlem
You never know. 50,000 ordered is not a lot at all. Apple is going to ramp up production I'm sure and they will probably get caught up sooner than later. I doubt you guys will be waiting that long.

Since 50k isn't a lot at all I would image them not ramping up that much, release weekend in probably the biggest spike in sales and that would mean that a ramped up production would just over-produce in the longer run? I'm guessing it's the better business decision to have us wait longer.

Ramping up watch stuff and obviously iPhone lines (after releases) I can see and would agree with

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.