Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pudcraft

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 23, 2013
Houston
I did not expedite my order. Missed it :( but fedex is a champ!

1.2ghz , 512gb , space gray
Apple ETA 20th-22nd of April
FEDEX ETA - April 16th!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 212

douglasf13

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2010
Got my shipping, too. Paid the extra $10, but that only got me an extra day. It's due here on the 15th.

HawkBYU

macrumors member
Nov 15, 2010
Looks like paying the extra $10 gets it to me a day earlier.
512/1.2 Space Gray

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 142

nj-mac-user

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2009
TX
Mine shipped too. Hilarious that they are coming from China directly.

Got my shipping notification too. Yup, Apple has always shipped directly from China with new hot items there are supply constraints for. Gets to customers faster than having them shipped to a US distribution center then to customers.

kingofwale

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2010
Yes. This supports my theory there was a production issue. Otherwise, the machines would be in the stores available for sale.

then why do the rest of the world have to wait for 3-4 weeks? if it's just shipping from China? :(

Hankster

macrumors 68020
Jan 30, 2008
Washington DC
then why do the rest of the world have to wait for 3-4 weeks? if it's just shipping from China? :(

Because the USA takes priority. It's always been this way. Apple product launches have always made the USA their main priority. It's unfortunate for other countries, but Apple has always launched new products in the USA first.

Mindinversion

macrumors 6502
Oct 9, 2008
Yes. This supports my theory there was a production issue. Otherwise, the machines would be in the stores available for sale.

Not necessarily, as Apple's website still claims "ships 1-3 days" on a base model space grey new MacBook.

I'd counter this was a SHIPPING issue rather than a supply issue. . which makes sense. Ship it all from Point of Manufacture to avoid doubling down on shipping costs [once to warehouse and again to customer]

PS: Also shipped 2:08am CST from Shanghai. Looks like it wasn't so premature to give my wife my MbP last night after all ;)

pasadena

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2012
Seattle, WA
Not necessarily, as Apple's website still claims "ships 1-3 days" on a base model space grey new MacBook.

I'd counter this was a SHIPPING issue rather than a supply issue. . which makes sense. Ship it all from Point of Manufacture to avoid doubling down on shipping costs [once to warehouse and again to customer]

PS: Also shipped 2:08am CST from Shanghai. Looks like it wasn't so premature to give my wife my MbP last night after all ;)

They always ship from China.

macappleguy8

macrumors member
Mar 14, 2015
No shipment notification for me. All because I chose for it to ship to the store because it is easier for me to get it there rather than worry about not being home to sign for the package. If I had known I was going to have wait longer by having it ship to the store I would've just had it shipped to my work. Hindsight is always 20/20. Now I know better. Oh well.

Lobwedgephil

Contributor
Apr 7, 2012
No shipment notification for me. All because I chose for it to ship to the store because it is easier for me to get it there rather than worry about not being home to sign for the package. If I had known I was going to have wait longer by having it ship to the store I would've just had it shipped to my work. Hindsight is always 20/20. Now I know better. Oh well.

I did the same, but now it says available to pickup on the 16th. So progress, says shipped to store.

macappleguy8

macrumors member
Mar 14, 2015
I did the same, but now it says available to pickup on the 16th. So progress, says shipped to store.

Well, that gives me some hope. I'll be so happy if I get that notification today. So happy. At worse it's just a week away. So no big deal, but yeah. It be nice to have it sooner than later.

ysh19988

macrumors newbie
Apr 10, 2015
Mine shipped too, did not pay extra $ for expidited shipping

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 129

Hankster

macrumors 68020
Jan 30, 2008
Washington DC

If it was a shipping issue why did Apple stores have the demos on Friday? This has nothing to do with shipping. Apple ships everything from China. This is the same company that ships millions of new iPhones every launch period from China to your door in 48 hours every year. You really think they can't ship a few boxes? The amount of rMB is easily less than 1% of a new iPhone launch shipment.

If Apple stores received the "six" demo rMBs on Friday they could have easily just received 10-15 boxes for sale. Zero Apple stores got any for sale - zero. That's telling. And, shipping is not 1-3 business days as the site or reps tell you. It's more like a week or more.

Queen6

macrumors G4
If it was a shipping issue why did Apple stores have the demos on Friday? This has nothing to do with shipping. Apple ships everything from China. This is the same company that ships millions of new iPhones every launch period from China to your door in 48 hours every year. You really think they can't ship a few boxes? The amount of rMB is easily less than 1% of a new iPhone launch shipment.

If Apple stores received the "six" demo rMBs on Friday they could have easily just received 10-15 boxes for sale. Zero Apple stores got any for sale - zero. That's telling. And, shipping is not 1-3 business days as the site or reps tell you. It's more like a week or more.

Franky it`s just BS that you can't buy in store. There has never been long lines for any Mac. This MacBook launch debacle is just a trial run for the next iToy launch, nothing more, nothing less and in the process left many disappointed who just want the simple pleasure of walking into a store and heading home with a new Mac.

Apple`s all about the experience so far this one just sucks, wait, wait more, official release, hype, misinformation, more hype, wait, effectively preorder, wait for an undefined period, what a load of balls...

Q-6

dexterbell

macrumors 6502a
Jan 29, 2015
Franky it`s just BS that you can't buy in store. There has never been long lines for any Mac. This MacBook launch debacle is just a trial run for the next iToy launch, nothing more, nothing less and in the process left many disappointed who just want the simple pleasure of walking into a store and heading home with a new Mac.

Apple`s all about the experience so far this one just sucks, wait, wait more, official release, hype, misinformation, more hype, wait, effectively preorder, wait for an undefined period, what a load of balls...

Q-6

Are you new to Apple? This is the first time Apple has used Quanta Taiwan and they failed miserably. 70% defection rate on Apple Watches and slow production of the MacBook. Apple had to hire thousands of additional employees and get Foxconn to help out with the Watch. Quanta botched it and did not have enough supply in time, simple as that.

PDFierro

macrumors 68040
Sep 8, 2009
Are you new to Apple? This is the first time Apple has used Quanta Taiwan and they failed miserably. 70% defection rate on Apple Watches and slow production of the MacBook. Apple had to hire thousands of additional employees and get Foxconn to help out with the Watch. Quanta botched it and did not have enough supply in time, simple as that.

Well I'm glad to know that's part of the reason for all this. Apple's new online-only strategy would work a lot better if production had gone right.

Phightinphils

macrumors 6502
Jul 27, 2012
USA
Lucky sons of b****s lol - My Best Buy was late on getting theirs in (No Apple Store where I live). So I said screw it I'm just gonna order from Apple... log in and it's 4-6 weeks :mad: I suppose I'll wait til BB pulls thru!

macappleguy8

macrumors member
Mar 14, 2015
Still no updates in my end. And I ordered mine early Friday morning like most everyone else here. What gives, Apple?

Brian Y

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2012
They aren't shipping every box individually from China. It just saves warehouse costs in the USA.

Note how the tracking items above show them being picked up at the same time - it's one palletised shipment. When they get to the US, the pallets are split (by fedex) and sent on their way to their individual destination.

This makes it cheaper, and also makes customs clearance much easier.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.