Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iapple12399

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 21, 2015
Hi so I'm trying to do a clean install of Snow Leopard on an iMac mid 2007, 4gb ram 250gb HD. The iMac was working fine before, but when I tried restoring it to factory settings using original Snow Leopard install disc, going to Disk Utility, erasing HD, then clicking "install" for software, the software install keeps failing, it keeps saying "an error has occurred." I tried reseting the PRAM and reparing the drive through disk utility and trying to install again, but no luck. I think the disc was dirty but I can't even eject the disc! I tried command+E, using terminal and commad+s and typing "drutil eject" as well as holding F12 and left/right clicking mouse and nothing.. I can't even click anything else but the install disc upon set up. Please help me out to fix this, would appreciate it so much, thanks!

Last edited:

aicul

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2007
no cars, only boats
Try these, hope they work

restart
before first bong press CMD+ALT+O+F
then on the screen type "Eject CD" press enter
wait

hopefully the disk ejects

then type "mac-boot" to start OS X (but this may not work as you were installing)

iapple12399

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 21, 2015
can't get the mac into that cmd+alt+o+f firmware, i'm using a non apple keyboard but pretty sure the keys still work the same as i use the windows symbol as the command key to get into that command+s screen.

iapple12399

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 21, 2015
Resolved! Tried holding the mouse button a few more times, this time with an apple mouse and before turning on the computer and the disc eject worked!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.