Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tracker141

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 12, 2015
Good morning community!

Let me explain what I am trying to do and maybe someone can point me into the right direction. Most of my experience is in the Windows server world. I am in the process of starting a small business, and for now I will be working from my home. I have also made the decision to work as an Apple shop with all Macs (Very excited about that).

My ISP is really crappy at home and having almost all ports blocked I has to look at alternatives to running in house email. So I found a company that will host a OS X server in their data center for a very reasonable price. From that machine I will run, email and web server. Does not include a lot of storage space and due to my data connection I would not want to use that for file storage or backups of my local machines. Here's were I get lost, I would also like to put a OS X Server on-site for file storage, Time Machine and other server tasks. Using Open Directory can I like these two machines.

So to sum it all up both servers and clients are on the same directory? Thanks for your input.

Jason

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.