Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Klavien

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 12, 2015
Okay, I know this is kinda stupid to be bothered about but recently in the control panel when you swipe up right above the play button you would see like the name of the last app that played like music or a video. But now all I see is a blank and it's bothering me, lol. It feels empty and I don't like it, I don't know if there is a solution to fixing it so I'm asking you guys for help. Thanks

ZEEN0j

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2014
It doesn't reappear when you play some music? It's always blank for me if I haven't played music in awhile or restarted the phone/iPad.

Klavien

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 12, 2015
It doesn't reappear when you play some music? It's always blank for me if I haven't played music in awhile or restarted the phone/iPad.

Oh I'm sorry, yeah it appears when I play music but like when I exit the app out of multitasking it just appears blank and not that app because it was the last app that played music.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
so what's the actual issue? You'd like something to be there? It seems kind of like asking for a screenshot of an app to still be there in multitasking once you closed it out--once it's not there it's not there, and the only way to get it back is to open and use the functionality again.

zmunkz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 4, 2007
This isn't an issue, its just the behavior. It doesn't show the "last" app that was playing, it shows that app that is "currently" in control of the audio service. It only gets confusing because there are times when an app will still have the lock on that service, even when it isn't playing anything anymore... so in those cases you see it listed, and it is the last app that you were using. Once that app quits or releases the service, it will not show up there anymore.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.