Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jensgt

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 20, 2014
I bought my ZA a couple months ago. The first day I got it I spent 12 hours trying to set it up. After like 8 hours of frustration I finally saw the "Zepp air setup" in my wifi list but when I clicked it would not connect. I tried the ethernet connection and no luck. Finally when I was about to give up I saw someone wrote that if you hold down the volume button it would go purple and it WORKED. I set it up and was good to go. The only issue was that my remote control did not work. Also the thing did not come with an ethernet cord even though Crutchfield said it would. When I complained they sent me a whole new unit instead of just the remote. I had issues setting this unit up too so I just decided to keep the old unit and the new remote and sent everything else back.

Fast forward a month...we upgraded our internet so we got a new router. I have been putting off setting this thing up again until today. I did what I did before...plugged in the ethernet...hit the power button to get the flashing red. Held down the volume down. Purple flashing. Went to 169.254.1.1 and signed in. It came up in Itunes and music played. I was relieved but then when I unplugged the ethernet it stopped working. I could not get it to work wirelessly.

I did the reset with a paper clip and now I can NOT get a flashing purple anymore at all. Only the green flashing.

This thing is outrageous...for the price to be so hard to set up correctly.

anybody got any tips?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.