Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Mar 14, 2006, 07:12 AM   #1
all-in-my-head
macrumors member

ForEx Trading on OS X

Hi,
Does anyone know of any decent software that runs on the Mac to do ForEx trading online? Most of the so-called "Web Based" stuff doesn't run in Safari or any other Mac browser and I can't find any stand alone software that works.

(Running on G5 btw so doesn't need to be Univerisal Binary)
Thanks

S
all-in-my-head is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2006, 01:54 AM   #2
satans_banjo
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to satans_banjo Send a message via MSN to satans_banjo Send a message via Yahoo to satans_banjo
http://www.gfforex.com/requirements.htm

^^ Maybe that will work. It says it's Mac-compatible, but it doesn't say OS X anywhere so it could be a Classic application. Anyway, see how you go
satans_banjo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2008, 07:49 AM   #3
c2v4l
macrumors newbie

My broker use web based platform and it does support by firefox. I have a friend who uses macbook for his trading but he's not a newbie and has a sets of forex skill that allow him to trade without referring to the chart much. I wish I could trade like him.

There's no chart software like MT4 for OSX right? I need to use chart extensively for my forex trading and I don't fancy running vmware fusion just to have the chart. MT4 is only for tracking price movement but I trade through firefox. That's the only reason i'm still stuck with windows. New macbook is so alluring yet the lack of chart software making me unable to switch to mac yet.
c2v4l is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2008, 09:46 PM   #4
ljgww
macrumors newbie

Forex App for MacOSX

For over 2 years I am trying to find one and noone cares it to write. It is possibly due all sorts of background protocols that are not available for macosx.

There are some shy stock trading applications but I did not notice that they would include forex too.

Only decent platform i found so far which is not even something of the sort like MT is oanda's java application for trading that works nicely on firefox on mac (its web application but almost looks like standalone - https://fxtrade.oanda.com/your_accou...ading_platform).

As standalone application I believe there is still none so far which is in my opinion completely wrong decision of the FOREX industry - Mac's are much more stable for trading than windows counterpart. But FOREX for some reason prefer windows. They do not know anything about technology i presume.

I have tried MT, TradeStation and CMC's Trade Maker - in parallels on imac - and all of that works quite fine. A parallel windows installation can help. I did not try vmware as yet but I bet there will be no problem.

I am not too happy with other web based platforms and many brokers do not even have a decent one worth spending time. But web trading could be helpful when there is no other option.

Of course nothing of the automatic strategies trading is not available (MT or TS like) if you are looking for that you can forget Mac.
ljgww is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store