Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Caliber26

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 25, 2009
Orlando, FL
Seeing how there's a thread for the Space Gray Sport Watch with other bands, I'd love to see photos of the silver Sport watch paired with the bands that are being advertised with the SS model (especially the leather loop bands).

Please feel free to post any photos you've taken during your try-on appointment at the Apple Store.

bulbousnub

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2014
I was seriously looking forward to playing around with a few different band combos with the Silver Sport... except the Apple Store I went to for my try-on didn't have a single 42mm Silver Sport, only the Black Sport.

corlando465

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2014
I've been researching this a bit and it seems that without the 3rd party click in adapters it is not possible (yet) to switch bands on the sport watch other than different color sports bands. I, too, want to be able to change bands for different occasions.

bulbousnub

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2014
I've been researching this a bit and it seems that without the 3rd party click in adapters it is not possible (yet) to switch bands on the sport watch other than different color sports bands. I, too, want to be able to change bands for different occasions.

Wrong. Any Apple band should work just fine in the sport. I swapped a few of them around to the Black Sport model at my local Apple store.

Caliber26

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 25, 2009
Orlando, FL

I was referring to the bands at the store. Some people that've tried on the Space Gray aluminum watch have been able to swap the Sport band for one of the other bands, such as the leather and milanese loops. I'm hoping other people have taken photos of the silver watch with any of those bands.

Here's what I'm talking about:

attachment.php

bulbousnub

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2014
Not my photo but silver sport with Milanese. I'm in love!

OK, that looks really nice. Milanese is my 2nd choice for a band behind the Blue Leather Loop.

If anyone has a pic of the Blue Leather Loop on the Silver Sport I would very much appreciate that!

Reactions: rmg24

corlando465

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2014
So if I purchase the Milanese band by itself as an additional band, does it come with the adapter pieces - the end piece that slide into the band slots?

profets

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
Not my photo but silver sport with Milanese. I'm in love!

Thanks for sharing. I was quite curious to see this combination. Actually, I'm curious to see any non-sport band combinations with the Sport watch.

Bryan Bowler

macrumors 601
Sep 27, 2008
Very nice! This will be a very helpful thread!

I am very interested in the silver sport with the blue leather loop as well. The blue leather loop looked amazing not the SS model and I've been trying to envision how it would look on the silver sport model. Unfortunately, when I went in for my try-on appointment, my Apple store was just like the other poster: they didn't have any silver sport models to try on. Not a single one. And that really bummed me out because I wanted to see it in-person and not just behind a glass case under Apple's controlled lighting.

Also, thank you for posting the pic of the silver sport with the milanese loop! I'm very much considering this combo too.

bulbousnub

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2014
I just scheduled an appointment with the other Apple Store in town tomorrow. Hopefully they have the Silver Sport and they're cool about letting me swap bands around for the try on. If they do, I'll get some pics for everyone.

Caliber26

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 25, 2009
Orlando, FL

Hermes Monster

macrumors 65816
May 4, 2010
UK
I really wanted the 42mm Silver Sports with the brown leather strap until I realised it was for the 38mm only :(

the future

macrumors 68040
Jul 17, 2002
Did really no-one try on a silver Sport Watch with a leather loop and take a picture of the combination??

Bryan Bowler

macrumors 601
Sep 27, 2008
Did really no-one try on a silver Sport Watch with a leather loop and take a picture of the combination??

It's going to be tough since most (but not all) Apple reps will not let you switch bands between the different models. However, someone is bound to capture a pic of a blue leather loop on a silver sport! Let's keep this thread visible because like the rest of you, I want to see what this potentially awesome combination looks like!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.