Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming

Old Mar 14, 2006, 10:30 AM   #1
hatter
macrumors newbie

Accessing caps lock LED on MBP

Anyone know how/if I can flash the capslock LED on my macbook keyboard? Hopefully it's independent of the capslock function and of the physical hardware, like on peecees, where num/cap/scroll lock LEDs are often repurposed. I hear that on old PBs, they had ADB keyboards, where the led function is hardwaired into the keyboard hardware.

With the capslock function disabled using DoubleCommand, the LED still toggles when I press the key.

Why would I want this ? Well, if your fullscreen app is in control of the screen, then Finder can't display its low battery dialogue, nor can you see finder's menu bar. I'd like to be able to have a background task flash the led to let me know I should feed some electrons through it.

Thanks
hatter is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2006, 12:43 PM   #2
Sunrunner
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatter
Anyone know how/if I can flash the capslock LED on my macbook keyboard? Hopefully it's independent of the capslock function and of the physical hardware, like on peecees, where num/cap/scroll lock LEDs are often repurposed. I hear that on old PBs, they had ADB keyboards, where the led function is hardwaired into the keyboard hardware.

With the capslock function disabled using DoubleCommand, the LED still toggles when I press the key.

Why would I want this ? Well, if your fullscreen app is in control of the screen, then Finder can't display its low battery dialogue, nor can you see finder's menu bar. I'd like to be able to have a background task flash the led to let me know I should feed some electrons through it.

Thanks
There were a couple of extentions back in the pre-OS X days that you could use to turn your keyboard lights into the computer equivilent of christmas tree lights
Sunrunner is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2006, 01:16 PM   #3
chosenwolf
macrumors 6502a

I'm pretty sure you cannot do what you want. Try searching for some software on google...
chosenwolf is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming