Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mapple86

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 13, 2015
Maybe someone is interested in this.
I found it very interesting, how the 38mm Apple Watch looks next to the Pebble steel because the pebble is 38mm too (without the strap attachment points)
34ScZEW.jpg

Mapple86

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 13, 2015
Only the body without band connector is exactly 38mm on the Pebble steel.
yAVxLt0.jpg

leeingham

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2015
Birmingham, UK
Maybe someone is interested in this.
I found it very interesting, how the 38mm Apple Watch looks next to the Pebble steel because the pebble is 38mm too (without the strap attachment points)

Thank you for this. If I don't get on with the Apple Watch this will be the watch I shall be purchasing so glad you've posted this!!

Mapple86

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 13, 2015
I did not measure the Apple Watches.
I wanted to show that at least the Apple Watches look very much smaller than for example the Pebble, even if they are larger.
So so 38mm Apple Watch, which have the same body size looks much smaller in real and the 42mm Apple Watch, which is bigger than the Pebble looks nearly the same size.

Sorry for bad English, i Hope you understand what I want to tell you :)

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
Thank you for this. If I don't get on with the Apple Watch this will be the watch I shall be purchasing so glad you've posted this!!

Why would the Pebble Steel be your next choice?

its $200.00 and:

- Does not have a touch screen
- Does not have a means to respond to notifications
- Does not have a color screen.

Mapple86

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 13, 2015
Yes.
I am very worried about this too.
Here a Second Picture from a bit more far away.

If i Measure the Image in a Graphic Programm, The 38mm is 35mm and the 42mm is 38,5mm,
Only some weird Photos or real? I dont know.

From left to right:
Apple Watch 38mm, Pebble Steel (Body 38mm Tall, With links 46mm) and Apple Watch 42mm
9K9ZKx8.jpg

Last edited:

papa8706

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2010
I did not measure the Apple Watches.
I wanted to show that at least the Apple Watches look very much smaller than for example the Pebble, even if they are larger.
So so 38mm Apple Watch, which have the same body size looks much smaller in real and the 42mm Apple Watch, which is bigger than the Pebble looks nearly the same size.

Sorry for bad English, i Hope you understand what I want to tell you :)

Nice post, thank you for sharing. When making my decision regarding the 42mm I compared the life-size cutouts of the Apple watch to my pebble steel.

My impression was if you could pull off the Pebble, you could probably pull off the 42mm Apple watch.

Mapple86

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 13, 2015
Haha i did the same :)
And my Cutouts showed me that the Body would be the Same size of the 38mm Apple Watch and because of that i way very worried about buying something larger than my Pebble because of my small 150mm Wrists.
I would love to went in the Apple Store again and measure both watches :)

codeboye

macrumors member
Mar 12, 2011
Great info thanks! I'm rocking the Pebble Steel currently 158mm wrist. I ordered the 42mm Steel. The Apple Store has been booked up on the weekends for try-ons. So I'm going to stick with 42mm after seeing this photo. I should be good.

Thanks!

Yes.
I am very worried about this too.
Here a Second Picture from a bit more far away.

If i Measure the Image in a Graphic Programm, The 38mm is 35mm and the 42mm is 38,5mm,
Only some weird Photos or real? I dont know.

From left to right:
Apple Watch 38mm, Pebble Steel (Body 38mm Tall, With links 46mm) and Apple Watch 42mm

Mapple86

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 13, 2015
Most Apple Stores let you try on without a reservation within 10-20 minutes Waiting Time. But i can only tell you how it is in Germany.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.