Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

super michael

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 1, 2011
I am thinking of geting an Iphone but not sure what to get. I was wondering what is more recommended?

I would use my Iphone for:
Facebook
Internet browsing
playing game like Kritika and summoners wars and more
sometime watch movies although rarely

I normally put my phones in a pouch unless its work then in pocket. The phone I am using is 4.3 inches no problem at all.

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
I prefer the 6+, but it comes down to personal preference. Go check them out at an Apple store and see which one best suits you.

TMacGuy

macrumors member
Apr 3, 2015
I love my 6 Plus. However I believe my next iPhone in a couple years will be the smaller option. If there is still one at that time.

I don't watch videos or game on my device. I love it more for browsing the web. I read the news all the time.

-TMacGuy

super michael

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 1, 2011
There no apple shop in my country, but I guess I can go to Newton which is a authorized Apple shop, although I didn't see any Iphones on display maybe I have to ask the employ to show it.

mhunter6378

macrumors regular
Feb 20, 2015
I struggled with the same decision, 6 or 6+. I've always used iPhones but in recent years found myself switching back and forth between them and various android phones. Was using a Note 4 when I decided to switch back to an iPhone. At the time I decided to go with the 6 and really liked it. Then my daughter needed a new phone so I gave it to her and used the opportunity to grab a 6+. A few months in I really wanted to get another 6 so I now have both and am using the 6 as my daily driver. For me it comes down to this - I love the ease of one handed use with the 6 and the battery life of the 6+. The 6 gets me through a normal day battery wise but heavier use days the extra battery capacity of the 6+ offered some advantages. I find myself always needing to two hand the 6+ with anything I do, not always an issue but just a minor inconvenience at times. If I had to choose one it would be the 6 just because it's easier to one hand and for me that wins out. Only you can decide what works best for you. They are both great phones.

Sodner

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
I got the 6 on release day and really liked it then on a whim bought the 6+ about a month ago and LOVE it. I am hooked on the bigger screen and better battery life. So glad I bought it!!

One you got 6+ you never go back!!!!

cnev3

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2012
I came from the iPhone 5. I decided to go big, because I do a lot of gaming on it. Really want more battery life, and it doubles as an iPad mini. I also have long fingers.

Ladybug

macrumors 68000
Apr 13, 2006
I got the 6+ but ended up returning it for a 6. I just felt it was too big to carry around. However based on how you intend to use your phone it sounds to me like the 6+ might be the better choice for your usage pattern.

QuantumLo0p

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2006
U.S.A.
I have a 6+ and really like it. (aside from some IOS quirks that are for another thread) I found myself using my old Moto Droid HD more for computing than a phone and regretted not getting the Note which I had passed up for the Droid. Being fed up with an aging Moto battery I bought a 6+ which I enjoy very much for computing but I have to admit the larger battery was the primary reason with a better screen a close second and camera image stabilization being important to me also. I have an Otterbox case which makes it absurdly huge but I still like it! Since I do not want a tablet and a phone I will probably never own a tablet nor ever go back to a small phone. IMO if you use your phone more as a computing device than a phone then I would encourage you to buy the 6+. Then again some people might consider my opinion a bit skewed because I feel mobile phone communication is just a glorified walkie talkie; they all suck, really, unless you have a good line of sight with towers. Because of that I put emphasis on mobile computing, not communication. Back to the iPhone... The 6 really isn't all that much smaller than the plus anyway and you never hear anyone say they bought a phone with a battery that is too big. When I bought my Moto Droid HD I let the Verizon associate talk me out of the Droid HD Maxx which had a bigger battery. I regretted that decision and my feelings about it got worse as the battery degraded and capacity continued to lessen.

capathy21

macrumors 65816
Jun 16, 2014
Houston, Texas
When I was upgrading in January, I was torn between the two. I ended up getting the iPhone 6 and loved it. Two weeks ago, I switched wireless providers and had the opportunity to choose again. I decided to live a little and go with the Plus this time around. So far I really like it. It is much larger than the 6. It takes about a week to learn how to hold it one handed and if you have small or medium hands (I have medium), it can be difficult to reach the corner with your thumb. For example, if I hold it in my right hand I can text with my thumb but when I have to reach the ABC key in the far left bottom corner to insert numbers, I have to really stretch and in turn make sure I don't drop the phone in the process.

The battery life is easily twice as good on the 6 plus vs the 6. The 6 isn't bad, but the plus is damn near impossible to kill in a day. I was traveling for work on Thursday and used mine from 4am to 11pm and still had 22 percent battery remaining. I ran the gps for over 4 hours (with display on), I watched a movie, I watched 30 minutes of you tube videos, responded to about 30 emails, sent and received over 100 texts, and got constant group me notifications and still didn't have to charge.

What I noticed after using it for a week or so, is I have subconsciously started using two hands to operate the 6 plus. The only time that is annoying is if I am sitting at a red light(I know, no texting in the car), or have only one hand free and need to respond to a text.

In the end, I am really happy with the 6 Plus. I find myself using it almost exclusively when surfing the web at home or on the porch with my morning coffee whereas before, I would use my iPad. I still choose to watch movies and such on my iPad since a 9.7 inch display always beats a 5.5. That being said, it is much more comfortable to watch videos on the 6 plus vs the 6. The 6 still feels cramped, or feels like a cell phone whereas the 6 plus really does feel like a mobile computer.

If you absolutely need comfortable one hand operation on your device (and don't have NBA sized hands) get the 6. If you want better battery life, a larger and much sharper display, and an overall more immersive experience, get the 6 plus. To me, you are spending the same money on a data plan monthly so you mine as well get a device that offers a better entertainment experience.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.