Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

e93to

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2015
Toronto
This reminds me... I should specify the color of my iPhones in my sig...

I like white/silver iPhone because it looks nice together with my other aluminum Mac products and my click-wheel iPod. :cool:

ardchoille50

macrumors 68020
Feb 6, 2014
It's nothing more than personal opinion. I don't pay much attention to the opinions of others, they aren't paying my bills ;)

TMacGuy

macrumors member
Apr 3, 2015
I had
Black iPhone 4
White iPhone 4s
White iPhone 5
Space Grey iPhone 5S
and now Space Grey iPhone 6+

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
stereotypes ... its like those study abroad guys from the US i have met in Spain who kept asking me if I am gay just because i was wearing V-Neck (this is totally normal here)

lyceumHQ

macrumors 68000
Aug 4, 2010
I don't think I any colour is feminine or masculine. All personal preference.

I had black iPhones from the 3G to the 4S, also had a black iPad 1st gen.

Then went white with the iPhone 5 and iPad 3.

Couldn't imagine going back to black iPhones now. I much prefer the White.

Most of the people I know have white phones actually. Male and female. Besides two who have blue Galaxy Note 3's.

I don't see a man with a whole phone and think it's too feminine. Any more than me being female and having a black phone would be masculine.

Planning to go gold on my next upgrade.

eortizr

macrumors member
Apr 5, 2015
Dallas
iPhone in general are for women and old people. But if you are a man and have to have one it must be the Black 6+. Lol

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
I alternate. Doesn't matter which phone it is, the sequence is the same. White, black, and repeat.

unclejamaal

macrumors 6502
Feb 22, 2010
No one seems to be saying Gold. I remember when the first official gold iphone came out prices were crazy second hand espesially soon after launch.

Also was it the white iphone 4s which got delayed a few months due to production issues? Now that was a money maker for third party front and back plate manufacturers

james1758

macrumors regular
May 26, 2013
UK
Not sure I've heard this tbh... but yeah I had all black iPhones then for the 3gs got a white one, then been black + space grey ever since. Just personal preference, the colour of your phone is the last thing that denotes your gender haha

hamiltonDSi

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
Romania
Also was it the white iphone 4s which got delayed a few months due to production issues? Now that was a money maker for third party front and back plate manufacturers

It was the white iPhone 4. And it was delayed almost a year (10 months)

There was a problem with the flash and white back glass combo so Apple changed the glass and paint and launched the white iPhone 4 in April 2011 (the black one was launched in June 2010) and because of those changes the white one was actually a little thicker than the black one.

:)

--------

I owned a black iPhone, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 5, iPhone 6 and 6 Plus.
The only white bezel iPhone that I had was the Gold 5s.

IMHO, black bezel devices look much better.

Attachments

• 111topicwegh813rhf01.jpg
    111topicwegh813rhf01.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 299
  • 195018-white_iPhone_depth-036_500.jpg
    195018-white_iPhone_depth-036_500.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 246
Last edited:

My Name is URL

Suspended
Nov 18, 2013
UK
I've always had black iPhones but for the iPhone 6 I switched to white. Glad I did I love the change.

Oh and I'm a guy. Not that it matters.

laudern

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2011
I never use a case for my iproducts, so I always select the white option. It hides the scratches that will occur.

unclejamaal

macrumors 6502
Feb 22, 2010
It was the white iPhone 4. And it was delayed almost a year (10 months)

There was a problem with the flash and white back glass combo so Apple changed the glass and paint and launched the white iPhone 4 in April 2011 (the black one was launched in June 2010) and because of those changes the white one was actually a little thicker than the black one.

:)

--------

I owned a black iPhone, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 5, iPhone 6 and 6 Plus.
The only white bezel iPhone that I had was the Gold 5s.

IMHO, black bezel devices look much better.

I remember that Well. Third party manufacturers were charging well over £400 to make your black iphone unto a white One lol.

I've had a black 3gs, white 4, white 5 and that's the last apple phone I owned :( although it's still within the family but not mine now :(.

Hoping to get a 6 plus or 6s plus when released and I think the slate grey looks cool. My iPad air is slate grey in fact

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
I had a white 3GS and a white 4S. My 5s and 6+ are both black. My 1st and 2nd gen iPads were both black and my iPad mini is also black. I think it looks better than white, but that's just me.

got556

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2013
Indiana
All of my iPhone's have had black fronts. I went back to a 5S b/c I miss the small form factor and could only find a white 5S in order to be jailbroken. It's on 8.1 32gb but I did only pay $280 for it. With that said, I may still swap the front out even if I can't change the white touchID button.

MsRandall

macrumors 65816
Nov 27, 2011
Bay Area, Ca
I have always went with black iPhones until the gold 5s was announced. I preordered a gold version but after I couldn't get used to the white face - very disappointed because browns and gold is my favorite colors. I went back to space grey for my 6. I traded my 6 last week for a 6 plus and denied 2 people who had the gold / white face combo. When a guy contacted me with a space grey 6plus I jumped on the trade. I'm very happy now until the 7 comes out

I see a lot of white/ silver iPhones carried by men to me buy what you like and be happy it's not gender specific

AdamskiUK

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2011
Once you go black, you rarely go back ;)

Easier to see in your bedsheets when you wake up in the morning and less easy for thieves to spot in your car/when you put it into your pocket etc. Unless your bedsheets are black/very dark, of course...

Also (more importantly, probably), the white options look terrible. Bring back Slate Grey, Apple!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.