Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nobodyhome

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 2, 2008
Hopefully this is the right section. If not, then I'm really sorry. I wasn't sure where to post.

How can I download large iTunes art outside of iTunes? Is there a way to get a direct url? I've seen Mac apps that can possibly do it, but I was wondering if there was a more universal way.

I ask because I've seen large album art online apparently from iTunes, but I can't figure out how to get the large images. 1000px+ more or less.

Any ideas out there?

corvustheraven

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2015
Maryland, USA
There is an iTunes addon called Fetch or Fetch Art that plugs into iTunes and is able to locate and match album art to an iTunes library. You may even be able to highlight and select for it to work on specific albums.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
How can I download large iTunes art outside of iTunes? Is there a way to get a direct url? I've seen Mac apps that can possibly do it, but I was wondering if there was a more universal way.

I ask because I've seen large album art online apparently from iTunes, but I can't figure out how to get the large images. 1000px+ more or less.
You can simply search Google or Bing images for album names and you'll usually find several examples of that album art that you can manually add. That's how I've added most of my album art, since the art that iTunes would automatically download is frequently lower quality. It takes time if you have a large library, but the result is worth it, IMO.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.