Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tech324

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 25, 2010
I am curious to know what the full charge capacity shows for brand new macbooks. Please post CPU speed, how many days you have had it, health condition and ull charge capacity from system information -> Power -> Full Charge Capacity.

CPU speed | Days Owned | Full Charge Capacity | Health Condition.

Thank you

garyleecn

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2014
I am curious to know what the full charge capacity shows for brand new macbooks. Please post CPU speed, how many days you have had it, health condition and ull charge capacity from system information -> Power -> Full Charge Capacity.

Thank you

1.2 | got it wednesday morning |5198 (11 cycles) | normal

tech324

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 25, 2010
Thank you Gary. Have you had a chance to see how long the battery is lasting for you? What software do you run normally on it?

I would love to get more stats from others as well.

sevimli

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2007
ChiTown

Thank you

what are your values?

Hankster

macrumors 68020
Jan 30, 2008
Washington DC
"CPU speed | Days Owned | Full Charge Capacity | Health Condition"

1.1 | Four Days (Thursday morning 10am) | 5267 | Normal

I'm at max charge now and only using the browser the battery display shows 10 hours of use remaining. That's unlikely correct, but it's close if all I do use browse the web. Overall, I would guess this laptop gives me about 7-8 hours of use power for my normal use which includes Internet, Office, and iTunes. If I used Photoshop or stream video I'd guess the battery would like about 6 hours depending on how heavy the usage is. Basically, to me, it's the same as my 11" MBA.

garyleecn

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2014
Thank you Gary. Have you had a chance to see how long the battery is lasting for you? What software do you run normally on it?

I would love to get more stats from others as well.

no, haven't get a chance to drain the battery yet. but i've used it for like 4 hours, including 3 hours of taking notes (lyx) in class (plus web browsing, you know how boring classes can be), and 1 hour of plex.tv 720p video streaming.

so after four hours of usage, i have like 55% left. so i'd say pretty much 9-10 hours of battery is accurate.

jazz1

Contributor
Aug 19, 2002
Mid-West USA
"CPU speed | Days Owned | Full Charge Capacity | Health Condition"

1.1 | Four Days (Thursday morning 10am) | 5267 | Normal

I'm at max charge now and only using the browser the battery display shows 10 hours of use remaining. That's unlikely correct, but it's close if all I do use browse the web. Overall, I would guess this laptop gives me about 7-8 hours of use power for my normal use which includes Internet, Office, and iTunes. If I used Photoshop or stream video I'd guess the battery would like about 6 hours depending on how heavy the usage is. Basically, to me, it's the same as my 11" MBA.

That is what I'm getting on my 1.2 rMBR.

Theophil1971

macrumors 6502
Mar 20, 2015
USA
1.2GHz | 5 Days | 5091 | Normal

Seven cycles thus far. I think it was 4 or 5 when I took it out of the box.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.