Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kayleee

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 20, 2013
fd7c942f73ccbffafe6fd999c4f6164e.png

As you can see the partition 25gb is greyed out and the - minus sign isn't available

I actually had this issue 2 months ago but i didn't find any solution

now again I started searching for solutions and still no help

Also, I has yosemite installed on it previously.

I deleted it and I cannot delete the partition anymore....

I tried installing yosemite on it again...and guess what?

It stops in between giving some error, when installing on that 25gb drive.

Please help, I'm in desperate need.

Thank you.

kayleee

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 20, 2013

Zedcars

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2010
Brighton, UK
I may be wrong, as I'm no expert, but a possible answer is to get an external USB hard drive a bit bigger than the Macintosh partition and use Carbon Copy Cloner (CCC) to clone the partition onto the external drive. Then format the entire Mac drive as 1 partition and copy the clone back onto the drive. CCC has a fully functional 30-day trial.

However, take what I've said with a large pinch of salt as I don't have a lot of experience in these matters. Perhaps someone else could chime in and say whether that would work or not.

CCC also allows you to clone the invisible Recovery HD which is important as you will need to put that back onto the formatted drive as well.

I would also suggest backing up your important documents to another location if you attempt the above.

Good luck.

Last edited:

RV-ABZ

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2013
So, even though there is no partition and disk space appears as free, you cannot extend your existing Mavericks partition to recover that 25Go disk space?

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.