Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

noobinator

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Not sure where else to put this but feel free to move it mods.

I have an iPhone and an Android. I frequently text pictures/videos to others with androids. I'm looking for an app where I can upload pictures/videos then send a link to the specific picture video to someone via text (rather than text them a picture/video).

The problem is that android compresses things so poorly. I want to text them a link and then have it so they can save it on their device. I just want them to be able to get a quality pic/video and not the compressed to heck android version they get.

I'm willing to pay for storage since I have thousands of pics and videos. I use amazon prime photos now but people i send to can't long press and save the pic/video for some reason.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Not sure where else to put this but feel free to move it mods.

I have an iPhone and an Android. I frequently text pictures/videos to others with androids. I'm looking for an app where I can upload pictures/videos then send a link to the specific picture video to someone via text (rather than text them a picture/video).

The problem is that android compresses things so poorly. I want to text them a link and then have it so they can save it on their device. I just want them to be able to get a quality pic/video and not the compressed to heck android version they get.

I'm willing to pay for storage since I have thousands of pics and videos. I use amazon prime photos now but people i send to can't long press and save the pic/video for some reason.

Couldn't you do this on Flickr? Up to 1tb is free.

noobinator

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
I tried using Flickr before but I want to make sure my stuff is private/secure as well. I couldn't figure out how to get it to work the way I wanted (sending links only to my wife).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.