Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple Watch order statuses have begun changing from "Processing Items" to "Preparing for Shipment" as Apple gets ready to send out the first Apple Watch orders to customers who pre-ordered their devices on Friday, April 10. Apple Watch orders that have changed to "Preparing for Shipment" are still listing prospective delivery dates of 4/24 to 5/8, but the first orders are expected to begin arriving on Friday April 24, the official launch date of the Apple Watch. Now that order statuses have shifted, customers should begin receiving shipment emails in the near future.

applewatchpreparingforshipment2.jpg
The change to customer order statuses comes just minutes after Apple began charging credit and debit cards for Apple Watch purchases. As we have previously mentioned, bulk shipments of the Apple Watch have already been arriving at central distribution centers across the United States from China, where the Apple Watch was manufactured. Apple Watch orders will ship out from these central distribution centers via Fedex and UPS, so despite the late shipping date, many devices will arrive on Friday.

With the iPhone 6, Apple also shipped hundreds of thousands of devices to central distribution centers before updating customers on the status of their orders. iPhones began shipping out on Monday and Tuesday for a Friday delivery, and it's likely Apple Watch orders will follow the same general timeline.

Deliveries could come from any of the major shipping hubs in the United States, which include Memphis, Tennessee; Louisville, Kentucky (UPS' WorldPort location); Indianapolis, Indiana; Newark, New Jersey; and Oakland, California. Many orders are likely to pass first through Anchorage, Alaska, where both UPS and FedEx have logistics centers, before heading out to other distribution sites.

The earliest Apple Watch pre-orders listed ambiguous delivery dates of 4/24 to 5/8, but Apple's head of retail Angela Ahrendts stated in a memo to employees last week that "customers who pre-ordered will start receiving deliveries next Friday as planned," so customers who managed to pre-order in the minutes before shipping dates started slipping will see deliveries this week.

Once an order changes to Preparing for Shipment, customers may be able to track by reference number using a phone number on the UPS and FedEx websites to get tracking information before a shipping email even goes out.

Article Link: Apple Watch Order Statuses Shifting to 'Preparing for Shipment'

DavidTheExpert

macrumors regular
Apr 20, 2012
I placed my order at 3:04 AM EST... just seconds after it slipped to the May 13-27 delivery window. I'm really really hoping that I can still get in on this first wave!

sampaul

macrumors member
Aug 22, 2012
Philadelphia
Oh my gawddddd!

Attachments

• a8609689cf3b3f22185ebd4ea7df0f8392debbcb0efe3bb7b844e400fc6269c3.jpg
    a8609689cf3b3f22185ebd4ea7df0f8392debbcb0efe3bb7b844e400fc6269c3.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 13,461

KamiQuazi

macrumors member
Jul 27, 2011
Both orders: White 38mm Sport have been moved to preparing for shipment as well as been payments made

shahin90

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2012
My SS Milanese is now preparing for shipment to Canada.

The surprise is this tho:
Spacegrey sports model that was due in 4-6 weeks is also preparing for shipment:D:D:D

mikemch16

macrumors member
Apr 12, 2013
My wife's 38mm sport is preparing for shipment and my 42mm space gray sport is still processing. They were both on the same order and they both were given the initial 4-24 to 5-8 delivery date. I'm thinking hers might come before mine.

mattaaron1

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2015
Man I'm so excited... this is like when your waiting for a really good movie or TV show to come out, and your like "please dont die yet please dont die yet"

NavySEAL6

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2006
Ordered in the U.S. 42 SG at 3:03 est

Nothing yet, anyone with a similar order get a charge?

toysoldierkid

macrumors member
Feb 16, 2012

Spacegrey sports model that was due in 4-6 weeks is also preparing for shipment:D:D:D

Really? Your sports model is coming early?
There's me hoping that something will happen tomorrow for me as I'm in Europe and it's in the middle of the night..

nathanalf

macrumors regular
Mar 13, 2014
Wisconsin
My order hasn't updated yet (42mm Space Grey Sport, 2:04 confirmation email).

Eek
NUyttbn.gif

Edit: debit card still not charged either

Last edited:

bombrider

macrumors newbie
Jan 3, 2011
I have an order confirmation for 5:03pm (3 mins after launch of pre-orders) yet mine won't arrive until mid-May because apparently leather straps are too difficult for Apple to have ready in time for their first major product launch.

I'd actually feel more positive about the whole situation if Apple just fessed up and, in a press release, explained why some models weren't ready for launch.

cmChimera

macrumors 601
Feb 12, 2010

Could you post a pic of the space grey order status? My sister and my girlfriend both ordered the same thing, and had the same time frame.

mattyc64

macrumors newbie
Apr 20, 2015
Uk?

Does anyone have any news about UK shipments?

I ordered mine at 8:02am and have been told nothing apart from delivery by 24/4-8/5

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.