Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JerTheGeek

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 15, 2014
Hello all.
I have been recently considering whether or not I should sell my iPad mini first generation. It doesn't get much usage anymore. I mainly use my MacBook air 13 inch or my iPhone 5s. It just seems like a better experience on my newer, faster, and much smoother iPhone 5s. Do you think I should sell my iPad, or should I give it another chance by getting a newer and faster one? I have also considered getting a bigger ipad, do you think that would change things at all? Perhaps I would be better off with a 6 plus, as I find myself using my phone a lot of times at home, even when I could use my mini. I would appreciate any opinion on this. Thanks!

ardchoille50

macrumors 68020
Feb 6, 2014
If you like to read, perhaps that iPad mini could see new life as an ebook reader (iBooks, Kindle, etc.). The form factor is ideal for this purpose. Just a thought.

JerTheGeek

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 15, 2014
If you like to read, perhaps that iPad mini could see new life as an ebook reader (iBooks, Kindle, etc.). The form factor is ideal for this purpose. Just a thought.

I'm not a big reader; I only usually read for book reports in school

ardchoille50

macrumors 68020
Feb 6, 2014
I'm not a big reader; I only usually read for book reports in school

Well, then perhaps it's time to sell it and put the funds toward something that would get more use. An iPhone 6 Plus would provide a larger screen than that of your iPhone 5s and may be easier to purchase if you have funds left over from the sale of the iPad mini.

Closingracer

macrumors 601
Jul 13, 2010

Eh I like reading and prefer the full size iPad imo. Also with the first gen iPad meh the resolution is pretty mediocre and would get the 2 at least

ardchoille50

macrumors 68020
Feb 6, 2014
Eh I like reading and prefer the full size iPad imo. Also with the first gen iPad meh the resolution is pretty mediocre and would get the 2 at least

I have an iPad mini 2.. I would recommend going with the iPad mini 3 as I feel it would have a longer update life than the 2. I also have an iPad Air 2 and I find myself using it more than I use my Mac mini these days.

Closingracer

macrumors 601
Jul 13, 2010
I have an iPad mini 2.. I would recommend going with the iPad mini 3 as I feel it would have a longer update life than the 2. I also have an iPad Air 2 and I find myself using it more than mi use my Mac mini these days.

The mini 2 and mini 3 has the same exact specs other then gold color and Touch ID . No way worth $100 more

tills24

macrumors regular
May 10, 2010
Hello all.
I have been recently considering whether or not I should sell my iPad mini first generation. It doesn't get much usage anymore. I mainly use my MacBook air 13 inch or my iPhone 5s. It just seems like a better experience on my newer, faster, and much smoother iPhone 5s. Do you think I should sell my iPad, or should I give it another chance by getting a newer and faster one? I have also considered getting a bigger ipad, do you think that would change things at all? Perhaps I would be better off with a 6 plus, as I find myself using my phone a lot of times at home, even when I could use my mini. I would appreciate any opinion on this. Thanks!

I'm in the same boat, I'm thinking of selling my 1st gen Mini. I use my 13" MBP retina and my iPhone 6 all of the time. I have a 1st gen iPad Air for work, so if I ever got the iPad itch, I could use that.

What is the "best" trade in site? I was thinking of just going to Amazon's trade in, because I'll use their store credit.

JerTheGeek

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 15, 2014
I'm in the same boat, I'm thinking of selling my 1st gen Mini. I use my 13" MBP retina and my iPhone 6 all of the time. I have a 1st gen iPad Air for work, so if I ever got the iPad itch, I could use that.

What is the "best" trade in site? I was thinking of just going to Amazon's trade in, because I'll use their store credit.

If you want top dollar, eBay is the best way to go.

BenTrovato

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2012
Canada
Sell it. When the time comes when you actually want to use an iPad quite a bit then you can buy the latest and greatest and enjoy it then.

Badrottie

Suspended
May 8, 2011
Los Angeles
Hello all.

I don't think you really need an iPad Air 2. MBA is good enough for you. :apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.