Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers

Old Jan 29, 2003, 07:04 PM   #1
jamesd
macrumors newbie

maybe apple are just dropping the 5gb

i was browsing the apple store for australia when i discovered this image at the top of the page.

http://a248.e.akamai.net/7/248/2041/..._hpimageAU.gif

click here for the page on which i found this image

$845 is the price for the 10GB - the 5gb was always $645. now, if apple was only out of stock of the 5gb why bother changing the image on their store??

something is definately happening in my opinon, but im not too sure what

according to a number of sources apple are planning to release a new iPod with a color screen and movie playback.

my question is this - why bother updating the original iPods if they are only going to replace them later in the year?? i think they might just be dumping the 5gb. or, as they say, they might just be out of stock.
jamesd is offline   0
Old Jan 29, 2003, 07:27 PM   #2
MrMacMan
macrumors 601

Send a message via AIM to MrMacMan
:note:

This has been posted about 5 times.

Their holiday demand was I suppose great everywhere in the world. I guess... that just show me the insane amount for Everything in outside the U.S

P.S: Get one imported, there is no excuse for such high prices.
IM Me On AIM Already!
MrMacMan is offline   0
Old Jan 29, 2003, 07:49 PM   #3
erik1975
macrumors member

This is new info . . .

Can you say - "Exchange Rates"? This is why the price is 'a lot more' than our U.S. prices.

This is interesting to see that Apple has actually updated the image that desribes the beginning price range being at the 10 GB price, and not starting from the 5GB price.

When you follow the link the page lists the 'holiday demand' excuse, but does list the Australia price for all three models.

It looks like ipod changes are definitely coming soon, I better get my credit card out . . .
erik1975 is offline   0
Old Jan 29, 2003, 08:17 PM   #4
Bear
macrumors G3

Remember the $845 is in Australian dollars. This works out to about $500 (US)
Old Jan 29, 2003, 11:15 PM   #5
SoonToGetAMac
macrumors 6502

I would be so angry if Apple just dropped the 5GB 'pod, because they could capture quite a market if they sold it for $199 or so...even $249. But breaking the $200 barrier for an iPod in stores (the refurb. ones aren't sold in stores) would be great!
SoonToGetAMac is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers