Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RichyB

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 8, 2010
Everyday my iPad seems to get a white haze of fingerprints which requires a wet cloth to remove. With my previous iPads I never had this issue. Are they using a different coating on the iPad air 2 thats not as resilient to fingerprints as previous iterations?

borostef

macrumors 6502
Feb 10, 2012
Zagreb, Croatia
Everyday my iPad seems to get a white haze of fingerprints which requires a wet cloth to remove. With my previous iPads I never had this issue. Are they using a different coating on the iPad air 2 thats not as resilient to fingerprints as previous iterations?

I have noticed this also... Ipad Air 2 screen is not as easy to clean as was the screen on my iPad 4. But then again, it is a much better machine so I am not that bothered about it... ;)

mrex

macrumors 68040
Jul 16, 2014
europe
the screen looks always messy and it is actually very noticeable even when the screen is on.

matraco

macrumors regular
Jan 20, 2014
With the air 2, i have noticed the fingers dont slide as smooth as with other ipads, maybe caused by the anti-reflective screen coating.

Will22

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2011
With the air 2, i have noticed the fingers dont slide as smooth as with other ipads, maybe caused by the anti-reflective screen coating.

Is that what gives it the aubergine tint when the screen is off?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.