Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

A few MacRumors readers have taken to the forums to confirm that Apple has begun charging many users based out of the UK, Germany, and France who got in an Apple Watch pre-order early on April 10.

applewatchemojis.jpg
The charges in the United Kingdom, Germany, and France come after customers in the United States yesterday began first experiencing charges taken from their debit or credit cards, followed by a change of order status from "Processing Items" to "Preparing for Shipment", for a select group of customers.

As reported earlier yesterday, bulk shipments of Apple's new wearable began arriving at centralized distribution centers across the United States in preparation for the April 24 launch date this Friday. Despite the forward momentum of the news over the past day or so, there still has not been any change to the initial 4/24 - 5/8 delivery date estimate for all of the Apple Watch's early pre-order customers.

Article Link: Apple Watch Debit and Credit Card Charges Begin in the UK, Germany, and France

MrLoL

macrumors 6502
Jan 20, 2014
Lyon, France
My bank didn't autorize my payment because limits, and since I called them, they told that it takes 24 hours to update the payment limit. Now Apple is showing "Waiting for payment" and I'm really scared that I won't receive it on 24th :(
Does anyone know if they do payment THEN they ship, or they ship and ask for payment at the same time?

critter13

macrumors 6502
Aug 23, 2010
alright lets take it down a notch.... we don't need to know when every country starts getting billed for their purchase. not trying to be cynical...

cleareyes

macrumors newbie
Nov 27, 2008
Does this mean they're supposed to have finished in the US & Canada, because I still haven't been charged in Canada and I had an 4/24-5/8 conformation at 3:04am EDT

lellis2k

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2007
Leeds, UK
Note to self: next time I think "I'll wait and see what people think about this new Apple product" just stop being stupid and order it at midnight.
Estimated Dispatch: June :(

janderson0719

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2011
Does this mean they're supposed to have finished in the US & Canada, because I still haven't been charged in Canada and I had an 4/24-5/8 conformation at 3:04am EDT

Same here.

U.S. and no charge. Still processing...

I don't know when to start worrying.

Lotabob

macrumors newbie
Apr 21, 2015
My bank account just got lighter. No progress on the Apple order status though. It's so funny. Adults (me included) getting so hyped about money going out of our accounts. The exact opposite of normal.

afd

macrumors 65816
Apr 12, 2005
Scotland
I've lost count of the number of times I've checked the Apple Store app and my bank account today. Still nothing.

----------

My bank account just got lighter. No progress on the Apple order status though. It's so funny. Adults (me included) getting so hyped about money going out of our accounts. The exact opposite of normal.

I'm only happy once all payments out, then I know I can spend the rest. Which is always depressing small...

slears

macrumors regular
Apr 21, 2015
Warrington,UK
Charged but delivery in June???

I am from UK and I have a June delivery date but I have been charged today. Does this mean it's on route?

I haven't had my status changed though?

sananda

macrumors 68030
May 24, 2007
I am from UK and I have a June delivery date but I have been charged today. Does this mean it's on route?

I ordered (separately) a 42mm Sport with a white band and a 42mm Watch with a white band on Saturday. I just got charged for the Watch today but not the Sport.

No change in status.

madsci954

macrumors 68030
Oct 14, 2011
Ohio

Maybe a second round will hit us later this afternoon. UK is, what, 4 or 5 hours ahead of New York?

Edit: 5 hours. Forgot the world clock on my phone :p

Suspended
Jun 11, 2010
Beta testers just like the iPad1 , I'll wait and get the slimmer, faster, better watch next year that will have support for years to come

forgot-username

macrumors member
Apr 7, 2015

I really hope so. Otherwise the charge appearing doesn't mean that I'm getting mine this Friday!!!

Kenyada

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2014
Atlanta
I'm wondering if Apple will ship later this week to those that are closest to their distribution hubs. For example, I'm in Atlanta, just an overnight delivery from Memphis. In order that no one receives the Apple Watch before Friday, shipping dates would have to vary with those closest getting shipments last.

MarkW19

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2002
Surrey, UK
42mm SS w/white sport band, order confirmed at 8:04 in the UK and my card has just been charged; 24/4-8/5 delivery date. Very excited :D Still 'order processing' so far...

ventmore

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
Beta testers just like the iPad1 , I'll wait and get the slimmer, faster, better watch next year that will have support for years to come

I'll just upgrade every year......even though I'll promise myself I won't :)

agsystems

macrumors 65816
Aug 1, 2013
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.