Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

As of yesterday afternoon, credit and debit cards have been charged and many Apple Watch pre-orders have begun shifting from "Processing Items" to "Preparing for Shipment" as Apple prepares to send out the first Apple Watch orders to customers who pre-ordered on Friday, April 10.

Shipment emails have yet to go out from Apple, but a few lucky customers have gotten a heads up on their orders through UPS' "My Choice" opt-in emails, which lets people sign up to get notifications whenever a package is sent to their address. These emails suggest the first Apple Watch orders will indeed be arriving on Friday, April 24.

upsmychoiceapplewatch.jpg
On reddit, one Apple Watch buyer got what appears to be an accidental UPS notice about a package being unable to be delivered, letting him know his Apple Watch is on its way from Rialto, CA. We've also heard from a MacRumors reader who got a similar notice, with an alert about an upcoming Apple Watch package from Apple set to be delivered on Tuesday, April 21.

When checking that tracking number, it states that a UPS shipping label has been created and that the order has been processed and is ready for UPS. Both customers confirm they have no other orders such as accessories currently pending with Apple.

These alerts appear to have been delivered prematurely, as we've seen only these two reports of such notices, and it's unlikely the readers who have a delivery alerts will receive their package before Friday, but they do give us our first hints that tracking numbers are starting to go out and may be showing up in shipment emails in the near future.

upsapplewatchtracking.jpg
While many people who pre-ordered early have had their credit or debit cards charged and have seen their order statuses change, there are some early pre-orderers who still have not had their orders shift to "Preparing for Shipment" as seen in this Google document. Space Gray Sport watches, Space Black stainless steel watches, and stainless steel watches with Milanese Loop, Classic Buckle, and Black Sport Band seem to make up the majority of those that have not yet seen a status change.

Apple Watch orders that have not yet changed should not cause alarm, as based on the early tracking info received, Apple is using Next Day Air shipments.

Customers who do have a "Preparing for Shipment" notification may be able to get an early look at where their watches are located by using UPS and FedEx's "Track By Reference" tools, using a phone number to locate an order.

Article Link: UPS Tracking Numbers Start Trickling Out to Apple Watch Customers

Locoboof

macrumors 65816
Jun 8, 2008
Bay Area,Cali
UPS Tracking Numbers Start Trickling Out to Apple Watch Customers

And so it begins!

I beg of you.... Please please please give me my tracking number!!!!

post-39018-Theoden-so-it-begins-gif-Imgur-YB8r.gif

Last edited:

viperGTS

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2010
My status hasn't even changed, yet others are already getting tracking numbers? Wonderful... And I preordered at 12:02. 38mm Space Gray.

skipper1971

macrumors newbie
Mar 11, 2011
I received a tracking number for my Apple Watch Magnetic Charging Cable but not yet for the watch. Both have been billed to AmEx. I assume I'll get a watch tracking number tomorrow.

ValSalva

macrumors 68040
Jun 26, 2009
Burpelson AFB
My status hasn't even changed, yet others are already getting tracking numbers? Wonderful...

Odd. Same with me. I have an email confirmation for a SS with Sports Band on 4/20 at 3:06 AM ET and I'm still stuck on "Processing Items". I have a bad feeling…

JoJack82

macrumors regular
Nov 1, 2010
My status hasn't even changed, yet others are already getting tracking numbers? Wonderful... And I preordered at 12:02. 38mm Space Gray.

Still nothing on my 12:02 pre-order for the 42mm Stainless Steel with Black Sports Band either. From past experience though I wouldn't worry unless you don't have anything by tomorrow night.

Nicklaus

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2010
Winter Park
Do you just put your phone number where you usually put the tracking number? And does it matter how you enter it as far as spaces or dashes? Does that also work with the apple order number?

BradWould

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2015
Nova Scotia, Canada
I guess you can't really trust that spreadsheet. Im the second one on the list and somebody changed my status. I am most certainly NOT preparing for shipment! Though I wish I was

Bako-MacAddict

macrumors 68000
Jun 7, 2012
California
I'm happy for the people that already got their card charged, changed for "preparing for shipping" and now tracking numbers! I'm happy and at the same I'm jealous :p

Mine is still processing !!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

:)

I'm going to lose it, jk lol

I got my email confirmation at 12:01 by the way : /

Last edited:

Jazper

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2012

This always happens with pre-orders from Apple, some get changed early others get changed last minute :p

meaning-matters

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2013
Bought my wife a beautiful Swatch today: stainless steel link bracelet, extremely thin, elegant, waterproof, 600 days battery; for less than a plastic Apple band.

Last edited:

Carbonfiberman

macrumors member
Apr 20, 2015
42mm stainless with black sports band still processing :( ordered at 3:03 am April 10th, April 24-May 8 shipping time

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 219

bytethese

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2007
Yup, no change in mine either. Email from order came in at 3:03am EDT, 42mm Stainless, Milanese Loop. Looks like I'm getting my extra charger tho...

scwinsett

Suspended
Apr 21, 2010
Denver

same here. same exact thing. and then i preordered a white sport 38 at 12:03 and that one has charged/prepared for shipment, but still nothing for the SG

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.