Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Has anyone got one of these fitness bands ? Looking for a cheap fitness tracker for a neighbour - I believe this will work on iPhone and Android devices. But can anyone confirm what the software is like and how good the device is.

(They don't want to pay the extra cost for a Fitbit or jawbone).

Thanks for the feedback.

aeboi

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2009
Bay Area
I've been using one for about two months.

Use the modified apk found here for android
http://en.miui.com/thread-53761-1-1.html

You can get get a buzz when someone calls/get a notification on your phone. You can set an alarm so that it buzzes you instead of waking up to a blaring alarm. Step counter is pretty accurate. Battery will last you at least half a month if you use the modfied notifications apk. It would last you a month in between charges if you use the regular app. The sleep tracker is accurate (for me) so it will show when you slept, woke up, and the number of hours of light or deep sleep.

There is no modified app for Apple obviously so no notifications function on iOS

Cons: Does not sync with 3rd party software, and it does not keep track of your sleep for previous days, only for the previous night

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
I've been using one for about two months.

Use the modified apk found here for android
http://en.miui.com/thread-53761-1-1.html

You can get get a buzz when someone calls/get a notification on your phone. You can set an alarm so that it buzzes you instead of waking up to a blaring alarm. Step counter is pretty accurate. Battery will last you at least half a month if you use the modofied notifications apk. It would last you a month in between charges if you use the regular app.

There is no modified app for Apple obviously so no notifications function on iOS
Thanks. No worries its all KM here anyway :)

Switchback666

macrumors 68000
Nov 16, 2012
SXM
Yeah I can order one off Amazon here for £15

Looking at amazon US, should i worry with the band authenticity ? some explicit it say its original but i know about fake Xiaomi stuff being sold on amazon in the past.

aeboi

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2009
Bay Area
Looking at amazon US, should i worry with the band authenticity ? some explicit it say its original but i know about fake Xiaomi stuff being sold on amazon in the past.

The Xiaomi Miband isn't known for being faked. Buy it from Tinydeals or one of those sites to be sure that it's authentic. Just $16 USD or so.

samjwitwicky

macrumors member
Mar 22, 2012
It does keep sleep info from previous nights..

I've been using mine for the past 3 months. It tracks sleep well. You don't have to push a button before you sleep to tell it that you're sleeping. It does it automatically. This is awesome.

Pedometer is meh.

Battery life on the modified apk is pretty good, lasting me around 25 days.

After using this, I can't fathom how Jawbone are charging more for bands that do less, and have worse battery life.

ESotMOP.png

skyperbon

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2010
All over the WWW...
Got the Mi band a few days back. It works wonderfully for the price range.

Just had a question: Does the sleep analysis data from the Mi Fit app sync with the Health app on iOS 8.3?

I was asking because the step counter syncs without any issue but the sleep analysis isn't syncing for me. I can see the sleep data on the Mi Fit app.

Checked the health app and sleep and steps are enabled under 'sources' -> 'Mi Fit'.

chinnuabhi

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Got the Mi band a few days back. It works wonderfully for the price range.

Just had a question: Does the sleep analysis data from the Mi Fit app sync with the Health app on iOS 8.3?

I was asking because the step counter syncs without any issue but the sleep analysis isn't syncing for me. I can see the sleep data on the Mi Fit app.

Checked the health app and sleep and steps are enabled under 'sources' -> 'Mi Fit'.

Yes it works well. Just goto Health App >> Sources >> Mi Fit then disable & enable again. Go back to dashboard & That should work. for me both Steps & Sleep Analysis is working fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.