Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

becast

macrumors member
Original poster
May 8, 2013
Hi there, i just updated my phone to the newest whatsapp version a few minutes ago. Once I updated it it did not allowed me to open whatsapp. The message that says is:

"The addons you are using on your jailbroken iphone are incompatible with this version of whatsapp"

I know the update just came a minutes ago but if someone know how can i get rid of the problem to continue using whatsapp, let me know.

I think in this update it allows you now to make calls.

ndomft.jp

Thank you

Last edited:

coreduo

macrumors newbie
Aug 14, 2010
I'm having the same problem. I don't have copic or Couria installed. It happens after the 2.12.1 update. Any advise?

hgrimberg

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2012
If you are on the whatsapp beta and want to revert to the new app store version, do you loose your chat history?

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
This is a rant. Feel free to ignore it if you want, but I have to say it:

You need to stop using this garbage software and convince your friends to switch to Telegram instead.

Seriously, what business does WhatsApp have caring about what JB addons you have on your phone? They're poking into things that they have no business poking into.

Send them packing and use better software.

maartenvanrijn

macrumors newbie
May 1, 2015
Whatsapp does not work on Jailbroken phone

First, photos did not came trough on Whatsapp. Then I decided to deleted and reinstall whatsapp. Now I get the message:

"Whatsapp is experiencing problems with reading your chat history and tries to restore your chat history.."

WhatsApp does not start anymore!!

My Phone is on 8.1.2. and Jailbroken.

What to do??:(

1984world

macrumors 6502
Aug 26, 2008
I have the newest update and use whatsapp++ tweak along with copic and have no issues.

engcezar

macrumors newbie
May 16, 2015
Brazil
WhatsApp expired

Hi. I had a message saying that my WA is expired and I had to update it. I have an ipad mini, IOS 8.1.2, jailbroken, but after installed the new WA it always ask for my Apple ID, password and closes. Any idea on how to fix it?
Tks.

bbrks

macrumors 65816
Dec 17, 2013
Hi. I had a message saying that my WA is expired and I had to update it. I have an ipad mini, IOS 8.1.2, jailbroken, but after installed the new WA it always ask for my Apple ID, password and closes. Any idea on how to fix it?
Tks.

Try updating WhatsApp through iTunes. You license has expired, so you will have to pay 1$ to renew the license.

engcezar

macrumors newbie
May 16, 2015
Brazil
Try updating WhatsApp through iTunes. You license has expired, so you will have to pay 1$ to renew the license.

Thanks, bbrks. I did it through iTunes/iFunbox because my ipad is jailbroken but it didn't even request any payment. When I open the WA it requests my Apple ID and password and closes.
I tried to update the Cydia but it's requesting a 9.99$ payment. I would pay if I was sure that it'd work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.