Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MatthewLTL

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 22, 2015
Rochester, MN
My Logictech mouse I think is causing my eMac to KP. It could also by my USB Hub. Here is the report.

Attachments

• Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    71.3 KB · Views: 88

128keaton

macrumors 68020
Jan 13, 2013
My Logictech mouse I think is causing my eMac to KP. It could also by my USB Hub. Here is the report.

It might just be the driver/control center. Did you install something from logitech's website? If so, remove it.

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
I think you could start by removing the Logitech Control Center software - I don't remember a version of that software that has worked well for me.
If you need better control over the mouse, such as additional buttons, etc. there's other mouse driver software that will probably give you better (non-crashing :D ) results. SteerMouse is one that will work, if you need that functionality.
If you DON'T need extra/custom button support, try using the mouse with no extra software installed (LCC uninstalled, just use the system's mouse support)

MatthewLTL

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 22, 2015
Rochester, MN
sorry for such a long time to reply, ****ing Leopard WebKit constantly locks up on MR website.

The mouse isn't detected by the LCC Software. It says Logitech on the mouse but it's a basic USB/PS2 mouse. LCC is installed but only for a wireless mouse i use (that the reciever has been lost on) so LCC tells me it's battery life.

I think you could start by removing the Logitech Control Center software - I don't remember a version of that software that has worked well for me.
If you need better control over the mouse, such as additional buttons, etc. there's other mouse driver software that will probably give you better (non-crashing :D ) results. SteerMouse is one that will work, if you need that functionality.
If you DON'T need extra/custom button support, try using the mouse with no extra software installed (LCC uninstalled, just use the system's mouse support)

It might just be the driver/control center. Did you install something from logitech's website? If so, remove it.

128keaton

macrumors 68020
Jan 13, 2013
sorry for such a long time to reply, ****ing Leopard WebKit constantly locks up on MR website.

The mouse isn't detected by the LCC Software. It says Logitech on the mouse but it's a basic USB/PS2 mouse. LCC is installed but only for a wireless mouse i use (that the reciever has been lost on) so LCC tells me it's battery life.

Ok, so remove LCC.

128keaton

macrumors 68020
Jan 13, 2013
I actually just swapped Mice. The Logitech mouse is shorted and according to HardwareGrawler, would constantly connect and disconnect by itself at random times when it's in use.

I'd still remove the software incase it causes more issues.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.