Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

With less than two days until the Apple Watch launches in the United States and eight other countries, customers who pre-ordered the Apple Watch and received shipping estimates of 4-6 weeks or later are beginning to see earlier than expected movement on their orders placed through the Apple Online Store.

A growing number of people have turned to the MacRumors discussion forums and tipped us individually about their Apple Watch pre-orders with 4-6 weeks or June delivery estimates changing from "Processing Items" to "Preparing for Shipment" on Apple's order tracking page for various aluminum and stainless steel models.

June-Apple-Watch-Preparing-for-Shipment-800x271.png
A portion of those that pre-ordered have also seen credit or debit card charges from Apple appear on their statements, although it is likely that the majority of those charges are Apple preauthorizations to ensure a customer's bank account is in good standing. Apple's payment and pricing information on its website provides further details about the steps that are taken.
"When you place an order, Apple will contact your credit or debit card's issuing bank to confirm it is a valid account. Apple requests an authorization, which holds the funds for the full or partial purchase amount. As Apple prepares your items, authorized funds will be unavailable and may display as "pending" on your credit or debit card's online statement.

If you are shipping an item, your card will only be charged after the item has shipped. For pickup items, you will be billed before your item is ready for pick up. If your order contains multiple items, you may see multiple charges on your credit or debit card statement."
It remains unknown how many customers will receive their Apple Watch pre-orders on April 24, the day the wrist-worn device officially launches in the United States, Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan and United Kingdom. Any movement on pre-orders, however, such as order status changes and credit and debit card charges, is a good sign for those patiently anticipating the arrival of their Apple Watch.

MacRumors reported earlier this month that Apple Watch pre-orders could arrive sooner than expected based on an email exchange with Apple's executive relations that said extended shipping estimates are set purposefully to avoid disappointment through false guarantees. At the same time, the exact number of Apple Watch pre-orders fulfilled on day one remains to be seen.

Article Link: Some Apple Watch Pre-Orders With 4-6 Weeks or June Delivery Estimates Already 'Preparing for Shipment'

Locoboof

macrumors 65816
Jun 8, 2008
Bay Area,Cali
If mine doesn't update by tomorrow.....I'll walk in to my local UPS distribution center and do this to every employee in there!

bruce-lee-kicks-o.gif

Well,not really,but it would be great to get my fiancée's the same day as mine.

/dev/toaster

macrumors 68020
Feb 23, 2006
San Francisco, CA
It really sounds like Apple was being super conservative with shipping estimates while they ramp up production. I guess this is looking like they are ramping up faster than originally expected.

This is really great news, I hope everyone in the June window gets theirs on launch day :D

penajmz

macrumors 68040
Sep 11, 2008
New York City
Nothing on mine yet. SS 42mm with Sport Band! I know mine has to change soon! I ordered no more than 4-5 minutes after preorders went live.

adh328

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2012
Orange County, CA
You're joking right? My 4/24-5/8 order is still processing and people with a later delivery date are getting shipped? If I don't receive mine on Friday, bye bye Apple.

auero

macrumors 65816
Sep 15, 2006
You're joking right? My 4/24-5/8 order is still processing and people with a later delivery date are getting shipped? If I don't receive mine on Friday, bye bye Apple.

They not fulfilling it within 4/25-5/8... No one said it was guaranteed on launch. As long as it arrives by 5/8, it's on time.

Ingot

macrumors 6502
Mar 24, 2010
Just checked. Still Processing. However I am in the June time frame so I am not disappointed. would be nice though to have it show up on my doorstep in Regina this Friday. But I probably have a better chance at getting lower bowl between the blue line tickets for the next Jets and Ducks playoff game in Winnipeg.

SMIDG3T

Suspended
Apr 29, 2012
England

Really? So you've been given a delivery date from Apple, in your case, 24th April - 8th May and if you don't get your Watch on the 24th, you're off? That makes no sense! At least wait until the 8th May and if you still haven't got it... then you can leave us!

UranusaurusRex

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2015
Iowa
Seriously? How is possible when people in other countries are getting shipping stuff with their SG sports and mine here, ordered at 2:02, is still in processing? WTF Apple. Love ya, but Hate ya.

Eorlas

macrumors 65816
Feb 10, 2010
oh my goodness if my 42mm SS w/ milanese that has a June processing status changes to preparing I am going to throw a party

adh328

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2012
Orange County, CA
They not fulfilling it within 4/25-5/8... No one said it was guaranteed on launch. As long as it arrives by 5/8, it's on time.

Yes, I understand that, did you read the article? 4-6 week delivery and June delivery orders are preparing for shipment. They need to fill the 4/24-5/8 orders before the LATER orders.

poppe

macrumors 68020
Apr 29, 2006
Woodland Hills
It really sounds like Apple was being super conservative with shipping estimates while they ramp up production. I guess this is looking like they are ramping up faster than originally expected.

This is really great news, I hope everyone in the June window gets theirs on launch day :D

I actually think it sounds like it's a bit of a mess than more of a being conservative. I have a friend who had the 4/24 shipping date and still hasn't had his updated. Where as there are now the May people having theirs preparing. That seems a little off.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.