Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple-Watch-Midnight-Blue-250x299.jpg
Earlier today, a number of Apple Watch pre-orders with delivery estimates of 4-6 weeks or later started changing from "Processing Items" to "Preparing for Shipment" on the Apple Online Store. Apple also began charging some credit and debit cards of customers with orders showing extended shipping times.

Apple has since confirmed to John Paczkowski at BuzzFeed that many customers will receive their Apple Watch pre-orders sooner than expected. The company says it is working hard to fulfill orders as quickly as possible based on the order in which they were received, and does note that some customers are still in for a long wait.
"We're happy to be updating many customers today with the news that their Apple Watch will arrive sooner than expected," an Apple spokeswoman told BuzzFeed News. "Our team is working to fill orders as quickly as possible based on the available supply and the order in which they were received. We know many customers are still facing long lead times and we appreciate their patience."
Apple Watch pre-order deliveries will begin on April 24 as scheduled, although exactly how many customers will receive theirs on day one remains to be seen. Ahead of the launch, customers in the United States have started receiving UPS shipment notifications confirming their upcoming Apple Watch delivery. Pre-orders became available on April 10 at 12:01 AM Pacific and sold out in less than six hours, with a combination of strong demand and limited supply quickly pushing back shipping estimates.

MacRumors reported earlier this month that Apple Watch pre-orders could arrive sooner than expected, based on an email exchange with an executive relations spokesperson that said extended shipping times were set deliberately to avoid disappointment.

Article Link: Apple Confirms Many Apple Watch Pre-Orders Will Arrive Sooner Than Expected

Qrispy

macrumors regular
Apr 14, 2015
And yet here I am with a 4/24-5/8 42mm SS Black Sport order that hasn't even been addressed yet.

Thanks a lot Apple you scumbag piles of garbage.

sampaul

macrumors member
Aug 22, 2012
Philadelphia
Oh really Apple....I wonder why my order is still stuck on processing even though I ordered right after the store opened up for pre-order.

macmurray

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2011
And here I am with a xx:04, 42mm Space Grey in the 4/24-5 /8 window still processing... WT actual F?!

dpruitt

Suspended
Mar 28, 2010
Not here

12:01am pre-order, 12:03 receipt confirmation. SG/S still stuck at "Processing.." Card has not been charged.

penajmz

macrumors 68040
Sep 11, 2008
New York City
I'm convinced mine is one of these. I preordered pretty shortly after preorders went live and got 4-6 weeks. Hopefully by tomorrow it will update!

ttss6

macrumors 6502
Mar 28, 2014
California
Yet there's still no updates for the people who preordered the 42mm Steel Watch with black sport band and have a 4/24 to 5/8 shipping range #

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
well my 42mm space gray sport delivered from 4/24-5/8 still hasn't had movement.. so glad I stayed up till 3 :rolleyes:

dward85

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2012
USA
but they are still radio silent on the completely unavailable SS Black Link watch....where are they? why were they not ready?

satinsilverem2

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2013
Richmond, VA
Meanwhile my 38mm Space Grey Sport still hasn't been charged or shipped and I have a 4/24-5/8 timeframe. Got my conformation at 3:09 eastern standard. Trying to stay calm now and not get ticked off.

rscott788

macrumors newbie
Mar 5, 2015
Me Too.

Oh really Apple....I wonder why my order is still stuck on processing even though I ordered right after the store opened up for pre-order.

Apple's comment is a serious liar, liar pants on fire statement.

Perhaps some honesty/transparency from Apple would be helpful.

jfreak623

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2007
yet here i am with a 3:07 confirm for a 42mm SS/Milanese without as much as a charge on my card.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.