Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple has notified many Apple Watch pre-order customers in the United States and other first wave launch countries to confirm that their orders have shipped, with deliveries starting on April 24 as scheduled. All customers should now have access to a tracking number through UPS or another courier service to track their Apple Watch pre-orders leading into Friday's launch.

Screenshot-260.png
With the Apple Store's order status finally updated in tandem with a few early notifications customers have received from services like UPS, Apple Watch pre-order customers with a confirmed shipping status can now track their package through Apple's online store. Though yesterday's UPS notifications sent out to some customers focused mostly on areas in the southern United States, this morning's official update from Apple applies to customers nationwide and in other launch countries.

Today's update comes after a week of slight confusion for most Apple Watch pre-order customers, with credit and debit card charges occurring on Monday and a handful of order status changes soon thereafter, but with most customers still left in the dark for the rest of the week despite placing pre-orders early on April 10. This morning's news should come as a breath of relief for most customers who placed pre-orders as early as possible, and Apple still promises that dispatch dates beyond 4/24 - 5/8 could be coming in earlier than expected, as well.

Article Link: Apple Watch Pre-Orders Now Shipping for April 24 Delivery

Locoboof

macrumors 65816
Jun 8, 2008
Bay Area,Cali
This has been a emotional roller coaster for sure. I do hope everyone gets theirs in a timely fashion. In the meantime....... AWW YEAH!!!!!

VQLGJOL.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 408

Chrjy

macrumors 65816
May 19, 2010
UK
Yep, got both my emails (ordered 2 watches) notifying me of shipment but the strange thing is (being in the UK) it doesn't say it's by UPS but rather the carrier is just UK Mail.

Bit odd as all my other pre-orders with Apple have been UPS.

Just for info I ordered:
Watch Sport with white band - 38mm
Watch with black sport band - 38mm - This one said shipping in 4-6 weeks, so this one is definitely arriving earlier than expected.

DuffyMoon

macrumors newbie
Apr 9, 2015
I have a UK order. Got a shipment notification for tomorrow for my partner's 38mm steel with white band. No change in status from Processing though, for my 42mm steel with black sports band.

I actually ordered the 42mm a few minutes before the 38mm but they are seemingly coming in reverse. Hope the 42 isn't too far behind, both were listed under the initial delivery dates.

viperGTS

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2010
Yet my order is still processing. Thanks a bunch, Apple.
38mm Space Gray Sport, email confirmation received at 12:02.

philipk

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2008
I woke up to this message. I live in Ohio and it is on the way from Harrisburg, PA for delivery tomorrow.

I ordered a 42mm Blue Sports Watch.

Good Luck All

timbloom

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2002
I hope this will finally untangle the panties of some that were burning up the other threads about apple personally screwing them over / running their lives by not changing statuses fast enough.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
Just to lighten things up I had to post this from the Watch forum (from member Switchback666). :D

DSLIndF.jpg

ryuworks

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2007
Singapore
The 42mm steel model with black sport band is completely screwed up.

I would have ordered a Milanese band version if I knew they are shipping those earlier than the black sport band version despite what they listed. Only got the black version in order to get it early (and I got through within a minute of the preorders opening), and now I'm getting my watch later than my friend who ordered a sport two days after preorders started and had already received his tracking number for tomorrow.

This sucks.

Gooberton

macrumors 65816
Jun 20, 2010
I woke up to this message. I live in Ohio and it is on the way from Harrisburg, PA for delivery tomorrow.

I ordered a 42mm Blue Sports Watch.

Good Luck All

Weird i live in PA and mine is shipping from Tennessee tommorrow delivery

ValSalva

macrumors 68040
Jun 26, 2009
Burpelson AFB
Still wondering if the watches ordered immediately after preorder still "processing" are being shipped via FedEx and there is some glitch there which will be fixed at the last minute. Wishful thinking ;)

dpruitt

Suspended
Mar 28, 2010
42 Space Gray Black

From everything I am seeing on the forums and comments on Facebook, the issue seems to be centered around the 42 Space Gray with Black Sports band. I am not seeing anyone with this watch who has seen any movement on their order. That just happens to be the one I ordered within 2 minutes of the pre-order. I also received the email last night, so I am assuming it will not arrive for launch day.

paulrbarnard

macrumors newbie
Apr 23, 2015

I would have ordered a Milanese band version if I knew they are shipping those earlier than the black sport band version despite what they listed. Only got the black version in order to get it early (and I got through within a minute of the preorders opening), and now I'm getting my watch later than my friend who ordered a sport two days after preorders started and had already received his tracking number for tomorrow.

This sucks.
Same for me. Frankly I ordered the black band thinking it would be the most common so most available. Guess my logic was different to Apples. I really didn't mind what colour the band was. If I had know it would make a difference I would happily have ordered a different colour. I intend to get a steel link when I can afford it so the sport band is just for when I'm cycling.
This sucks more than a sucky thing.

leepalisoc

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2012

This sucks.

I thought about that too. I should've just chose the white band instead of the black band or different band since they're being shipped first. Fck, Apple. It was a slap in our faces seeing those 4-6 weeks/June orders being shipped first than ours. I don't know what's their problem with this model, did they just make 300 of this? My god! They had 6 months!!

Last edited:

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
Getting mine tomorrow! I had the 4/24-5/8 window and was preparing for shipment but wasn't able to track by reference yesterday. I was still pretty sure it was coming. 38mm stainless steel with classic band, ordered around 2:00am PDT on the 10th.

heeloliver

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2014
Doesn't seem like many SS watches made it, and if they did, it's with the white band. Any other band or even a black sports band seems to be delayed past Friday. That is of course within the delivery estimate apple sent, it's just somewhat disappointing that not more watches will be recieved tomorrow.

prycop

macrumors regular
Mar 2, 2010
Good news!
Dispatched - delivery tomorrow by UK Mail (?).

S Steel, black band 38mm
- due originally for delivery 12 - 26 May.
Ordered 8:23am

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.