Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dannnyh

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 9, 2005
Manchester, UK
Starting to worry about how much HD space I have (30GB). I heard Garageband is massive and as I never use it I would like to remove it. Is it possible?

Thanks
Dan

jared_kipe

macrumors 68030
Dec 8, 2003
Seattle
It is massive.
Delete garageband app
Library/Application Support/Garageband/
Library/Audio/Apple Loops/

Technically it isn't garageband, its the loops, and software insturments.

dannnyh

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 9, 2005
Manchester, UK
Great, Thanks a lot. Thought it would be more complicated than that. I'm sure I read somewhere that its possible to also remove Languages as well, any tips?

jared_kipe

macrumors 68030
Dec 8, 2003
Seattle
dannnyh said:
Great, Thanks a lot. Thought it would be more complicated than that. I'm sure I read somewhere that its possible to also remove Languages as well, any tips?
As in translations or ... fonts or what are you looking for?

FocusAndEarnIt

macrumors 601
May 29, 2005
dannnyh said:
Yeah. All you have to do is get this DeLocalizer application. Free, too.

EDIT: Download it here

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
Languages as in Localisations? There's an app here that'll clear off any languages you don't want on your Mac.

EDIT: lilstewart92 appears to be a little quicker than me with his links. A word of warning though – it doesn't appear to be tested for use on OS X higher than 10.3. I have used it on Panther and Tiger myself without any difficulties, though.

FocusAndEarnIt

macrumors 601
May 29, 2005
EDIT: ....A word of warning though – it doesn't appear to be tested for use on OS X higher than 10.3. I have used it on Panther and Tiger myself without any difficulties, though.
Same here, no problems what so ever in both of them (10.3 and 10.4)

alexstein

macrumors 6502a
Aug 23, 2004
If you are that concerned about the space on your Book why don't you get an external HDD.

IIRC Garageband with all it's loops frees up about 3.7GB. It's not the app. itself it's the loops that use all the space up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.