Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MOdes

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 24, 2015
I just purchased a refurbished 2013 MacBook Air. It's my first Mac and I'm really excited. I'm trying to move over about 300gb of music/movies from my PC. I started last night , but when I woke up this morning I think the migration totally overloaded my internet connection and I had to reset my wifi and start over. Are there any alternatives to transferring all of this data? It was also approximating about a 50 hour transfer. Is that standard for that much data?

RUGERMAN

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2010
migration asst

I just purchased a refurbished 2013 MacBook Air. It's my first Mac and I'm really excited. I'm trying to move over about 300gb of music/movies from my PC. I started last night , but when I woke up this morning I think the migration totally overloaded my internet connection and I had to reset my wifi and start over. Are there any alternatives to transferring all of this data? It was also approximating about a 50 hour transfer. Is that standard for that much data?
If you just bought this from the Apple store, then call Apple. You have 3 months free phone support with any new or refurbished Mac. They will help you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.