Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thebrick

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 18, 2010
GA, United States
So I just found my watch has a small bulge on AMOLED screen.
It seems like internal parts has poked the panel away from the inside. :roll eyes:
There's no problem on screen operation, but it just bothers me.

I'm going to visit apple store near my home to surprise a genius.

IMG_4153.jpg
IMG_4155.jpg

42MM SS with Milanese Loop

Last edited:

frumpy16

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2008
Yeah, you might have to wait for the replacement.

Yeah from other comments I've seen I think you'll have to wait for another to be shipped to you but I wouldn't compromise on this. If it were me I'd make them ship the new one and let me keep the one I had until the new one came in.

nasa25

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2010
canada
#battleofthebulge

Sorry to hear about this OP. Hopefully you can get a quick replacement at the Apple Store

eXoenDo

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2010
Some users have reported that Apple Stores do have replacement units available. Make a genius bar appointment i'd say.

16Paws

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2014
At least not from my experience.

It all depends on the store. The proximity to a major location helps but... And I am 100% certain as I have had issues with iPhone 5, 6+ and mini during supply constraints... If they do not have it they WILL let you keep yours until the new one comes in.

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
It all depends on the store. The proximity to a major location helps but... And I am 100% certain as I have had issues with iPhone 5, 6+ and mini during supply constraints... If they do not have it they WILL let you keep yours until the new one comes in.

I don't think you understand, but Apple strictly sold stock through its online distribution. It never shipped any stock to retail stores like it did with the iPhone. Not even for customer service purposes. I was told that stores will soon have them in stock though. I was promised a new replacement even after my return period expired by the store manager as soon as they get them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.