Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Webcrawler2090

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 7, 2014
Evening guys,

I'm looking for good quality IPS screen.

I recently purchased this one: http://www.ebuyer.com/497322-aoc-i2769vm-27-ips-vga-hdmi-monitor-i2769vm

But it turned out, it had filter that was like a sticker on the front of it. It does make the screen misty and the colours are so off compared to an iMac.

I need to find the right one, as we've just invested in a mac pro for our Graphic Designer and Ebuyer, being awkward about returning the item.

So can anyone recommend an good quality IPS colours need to be right, of course - any recommendations would be super! Im not too fussed about the budget we paid £210 for this one so don't mind.

hfg

macrumors 68040
Dec 1, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA. USA
Are you sure that the screen wasn't covered with a protective film for shipping and handling which was intended to be removed before use? I have never seen a monitor with a sticker filter attached to it, but I certainly haven't seen every monitor for sale. :D

There is nothing in the specs you linked to that would indicate any kind of glare filter was included.

Webcrawler2090

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 7, 2014
Are you sure that the screen wasn't covered with a protective film for shipping and handling which was intended to be removed before use? I have never seen a monitor with a sticker filter attached to it, but I certainly haven't seen every monitor for sale. :D

Hi, thanks for replying - it does have a film on it - with a big fat sticker saying "do not remove film.

SO we didn't theres no additional film on the screen, which i believe is a glare filter

specs say

Technical Specification
Display
27" Screen
IPS panel
Resolution 1920 x 1080 Full HD
Aspect ratio 16:9
Contrast ratio 1000:1
Dynamic Contrast ratio 50,000,000:1
Brightness 250 cd/m2
Viewing angle 178°/ 178°
Response time 5ms
Colour depth 16.7M
Pixel pitch 0.311 x 0.311mm
Scanning Frequency: 30-83 kHz (H)/55-75 Hz (V)
Power
Power source 90 ~ 240 V AC
Power consumption 35W
Power consumption Standby mode 0.5W
Power consumption off mode 0.5W
Connectivity
VGA
HDMI x 2
DisplayPort
Features
Stand: Tilt -5° / 20°
VESA 75 x 75
Built-in speakers
Kensington security lock
MHL
HDCP compatible
Eco Mode
Dimensions
622 x 449 x 130mm(WxHxD)

Last edited:

drambuie

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2010
That sticker pretty well confirms that it is most likely a shipping protection film, not to be removed before sale. It also keeps fingerprints off the screens of demo display units. Anti-glare filters are integrated into the screens, not sitting on the surface like removable transparent stickers. Also, I don't think the manufacturer would expect the monitor to be used with a warning sticker like that permanently affixed to it.

Try peeling back a corner of the film slightly to see what's underneath it.

JTToft

macrumors 68040
Apr 27, 2010
Aarhus, Denmark
Agree with the others.
I still think you should return the monitor, though, unless you have some requirement for 1920x1080 resolution, which is rather (or extremely) low for a 27".

The newer Dell UltraSharps are fantastic. U2515H and U2715H in 25" and 27", respectively. 2560x1440, 99% sRGB, IPS, 350 cd/m2, and they look great!

Webcrawler2090

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 7, 2014
That sticker pretty well confirms that it is most likely a shipping protection film, not to be removed before sale. It also keeps fingerprints off the screens of demo display units. Anti-glare filters are integrated into the screens, not sitting on the surface like removable transparent stickers. Also, I don't think the manufacturer would expect the monitor to be used with a warning sticker like that permanently affixed to it.

Try peeling back a corner of the film slightly to see what's underneath it.

Sorry maybe I wasn't clear - if i peel it away, the screen goes white and nothing can't be seen.. So it's some kind of filter stuck on.

I need something that matches the iMac 2014 27" in terms of colours etc. We are a graphic design agency, so need something that is bright and colours.

Last edited:

PSCConMP

macrumors member
Apr 26, 2015
Combining a high end MacPro and a low end monitor seems like a mismatch. Maybe an iMac Retina 5k would have been a better solution for the graphics designer, at a lower price.

orph

macrumors 68000
Dec 12, 2005
UK
hi, what do you want from the display?

you mention buying a macpro for a graphic designer and you mention an imac display, are you using a screen calibrator to match displays?

NEC and Ezio and some dells are what most people look at for color work.

this site has some good reviews, says if a display is 8bit or not and grades calibration performance/color space covered.
http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/

(sounds like a protective film, not shore about the white under the film maybe the display was defective?)

ps the dell 2412m review http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_u2412m.htm
on a budget BenQ is worth a look, apple uses a lot of Samsung displays so there worth a look to.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.