Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers

Old Jan 30, 2003, 01:14 AM   #1
movmkr
macrumors newbie

Aren't Tuesdays the set days for product updates?

I'm just thinking, in terms of DVD/CD release days, the industry standard is Tuesdays. This week the PowerMacs were updated on a Tuesday. Isn't it true that all product announcements in general come on Tuesdays? I hope I'm not coming off as an idiot, maybe I've spent too much time focusing on DVD/CD industries, but I always thought that Tuesday was the day.

Maybe someone has a list of every product update and what day it was.

I'm just curious because all these random days come out (like ThinkSecret, who has a great track record, saying Feb 3rd instead of Feb 4th). And then people were talking about how on any given day there's a 50% chance of an Apple update, and then others broke down the percentage for the entire year and so on and so on. I thought all these industry releases were on Tuesdays.

Take care all - Matt
movmkr is offline   0
Old Jan 30, 2003, 01:36 AM   #2
MacBandit
macrumors 604

Send a message via AIM to MacBandit
I seem to remember Jaguar being released on a Saturday.
MacBandit is offline   0
Old Jan 30, 2003, 08:33 AM   #3
Bear
macrumors G3

Jaguar was indeed a Saturday release, and Apple has done at least one hardware update to the powerbooks on a Monday. (667/800DVI version)

And iLife was scheduled for a Saturday as well.

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers