Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ct1211

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 3, 2012
Michigan
Still waiting for my 1.3 to arrive. No question the rMB is (at this time) the last word in portable cool. For travel and presentations I will need dongles granted.

Here's my question to you new owners. Is anyone getting real world daily battery life better than 4-5 hours (on any machine (1.1, 1.2, 1.3) if not anyone looked into a USB-C portable recharge unit?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to address.

(Note: looking for real user comments, not a debate on "not worth the price difference or power requirements of a 1.3 vs 1.1 etc) :D

PDFierro

macrumors 68040
Sep 8, 2009
Still waiting for my 1.3 to arrive. No question the rMB is (at this time) the last word in portable cool. For travel and presentations I will need dongles granted.

Here's my question to you new owners. Is anyone getting real world daily battery life better than 4-5 hours (on any machine (1.1, 1.2, 1.3) if not anyone looked into a USB-C portable recharge unit?

(Note: looking for real user comments, not a debate on "not worth the price difference or power requirements of a 1.3 vs 1.1 etc) :D

Every review I've seen on here has people getting around 8 hours or so. I haven't seen anyone getting 4-5 hours. That'd be ridiculous.

noobinator

macrumors 604
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
I get 8-10 hours of use surfing the net, uploading photos, messing around pretty much.

Brightness at around 30-40% with keyboard light on the lowest (but still on).

jazz1

Contributor
Aug 19, 2002
Mid-West USA
I'm getting 7-8 hours surfing and some software updates. I did a 30 min. FaceTime and saw it drop about 8% from 99% charged battery. And BTW it really didn't get hot on my lap. Just slightly warm toward the middle of the back of the bottom case.

I did buy an Anker USB battery charger for use on planes. I have not tried it yet, but it got a good review on Wirecutter web site.

Last edited:

cne84

macrumors newbie
Apr 23, 2015

I had been using last years macbook air, i just bought new macbook from bestbuy. And I would say that battery life is the same for these two machines. 6-8 hours of web surfing and word processing. Screen brightness has a huge bearing on it too.

jazz1

Contributor
Aug 19, 2002
Mid-West USA
Would you have any time to test it out? To see how much it charges and how long that takes.

I was hoping someone else would test it first to see if smoke came out :p

Sure will test it next week while I proctor exams. Note Wirecutter reports it works well with the Macbook Air, so I assume that it will work well with the 12". The price is cheap, I do hope it works well.

ct1211

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 3, 2012
Michigan
Screw you guys, I'm gonna test it! LOL

I was hoping someone else would test it first to see if smoke came out :p

Sure will test it next week while I proctor exams. Note Wirecutter reports it works well with the Macbook Air, so I assume that it will work well with the 12". The price is cheap, I do hope it works well.

I will do my best to test over next two days. Because as I just posted elsewhere...

Well, my day - work wise has just taken a bit of a turn with a twist. I just got a text telling me my 1.3 rMB has hit the Apple store two days early and before I leave town on business. Turning around now to go pick up!

To work: "screw you guys, I'm going home" :D

Signed,

Eric Cartman

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.