Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple-Watch-Sport-White-250x250.jpeg
Many customers who pre-ordered the Apple Watch over the past two weeks and received an extended shipping estimate of 4-6 weeks or later should receive the wrist-worn device earlier than expected. Apple continues to update several pre-orders with improved delivery estimates, with some Apple Watch orders initially slated for June delivery now shipping as early as this week.

A growing number of users within the MacRumors discussion forums with Apple Watch pre-orders facing June delivery are beginning to receive more specific shipping dates between mid May and early June. Some customers, for example, have delivery estimates of May 14-May 20 or May 28-June 10, and the white 38mm Apple Watch Sport in particular is set to deliver on April 28 for multiple customers.

The timing of deliveries is highly dependant on the model that customers selected, as the Stainless Steel Apple Watch with Link Bracelet and Space Gray models continue to face long lead times, and Space Black models are virtually nonexistent. Apple is still processing many of the orders for those aforementioned models, with delivery estimates remaining at 4-6 weeks or later for many customers.

applewatchpreorderesimatesimproving-800x427.jpg
Apple Watch pre-order deliveries began on April 24 as scheduled, but limited data from Slice Intelligence estimates that only about one-fifth of customers who pre-ordered received their Apple Watches on launch day in the United States. The report, based on e-receipt data from only 10,744 U.S. Apple Watch buyers, extrapolates that only 376,000 of 1.7 million pre-orders were delivered over the weekend, with another 547,000 watches estimated for delivery between April 27 and June 11.

Apple confirmed last week that many Apple Watch pre-orders will arrive sooner than expected, shortly after an executive relations spokesperson said that elongated shipping estimates were set purposefully to avoid disappointment in the event orders were not fulfilled on time. Nevertheless, the company said that some customers still face long lead times, particularly those who did not place an order until several hours after pre-orders became available.

Article Link: Apple Watch Pre-Order Delivery Estimates Continue to Improve for Many Customers

john168

macrumors newbie
Apr 17, 2008
my ship date improved from June to 2 - 3 weeks and i ordered my on 4/24 (42 MM Sport with white band).

trauma62

macrumors 6502
Mar 16, 2007
FL
Not for me!!!

Ordered at 3;01 am ET on 4/10 and still got delivery dates 4-6 weeks.

Attachments

• IMG_1521.jpg
    IMG_1521.jpg
    282 KB · Views: 408

69Mustang

macrumors 604
Jan 7, 2014
In between a rock and a hard place
SS 42 BSB with a 4-6 week delivery window and no status change whatsoever. Is this model in high demand, low supply?

been processing since 4/22

waiting for my 42 MM SS BSB ordered at 3:04 EST :(

While waiting, you guys should buy a good stainless steel polish for scratches. Polished stainless scratches easily. The good thing is the scratches can be massaged out with a good polish. Just be careful around the small ports.

I had to talk someone off the ledge yesterday. He'd never worn watches so didn't understand stainless.

Eorlas

macrumors 65816
Feb 10, 2010
Anyone with 42MM SS Milanese that had a June date getting any improvements?

Also, has anyone who pre-ordered the day after availability (April 11) seeing any shipping improvements?

Please give me hope.

houstonche

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2015
No change on my space grey 42 that was ordered minutes after launch. All good though! It'll be get here eventually.

tsmarx

macrumors newbie
Dec 30, 2012
Nashville, TN
been processing since 4/22

waiting for my 42 MM SS BSB ordered at 3:04 EST :(

Finally getting my 42mm space gray sport today. Also 2:04 email confirmation. Changed from "Processing" to "Preparing" to "Shipped" all on Saturday and now arriving today. They are moving it quick once it comes up in the queue.:D

Costino1

macrumors 6502a
Oct 1, 2012
Just got an update on my order status page 5/27 - 6/10.

...but i was called a troll on another thread lol

This is for the 42mm space grey sport...black band

Just happy to see some progress and not in limbo.

Will this stop me from checking my order update 2x a day? No. ;)

TXCherokee

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2012
Ordered Apple Watch 3 minutes after availability....

....aaannnddd I picked the same model as everyone else. :eek:

abhishake

macrumors regular
Jul 14, 2005
Artificial shortage FTW!

You know - I thought this at first too.

It could be one of two things:

1. Artificial Shortage
2. Apple not trying to pull an Amazon/MSFT with a poor product launch and having to sell tons of unused/unbought products (e.g. Amzn Fire, MSFT Surface). Then realizing demand is higher than they thought and increasing production.

I really don't know which it is.

Floatingvoter

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2015
Delivers: 24/4-8/5 by Standard Shipping

No sign of my order being moved up: SG 42mm Black Sports band. I am guessing these were a very popular choice.. I am based in UK, maybe this story of improving shipping dates isn't relevant on this side of the pond..

xsmspiffx

macrumors newbie
Apr 11, 2013
Out for delivery

Went from ships in June to out for delivery today... SS 42, blue band, Canada.

jacobh101

macrumors regular
Aug 12, 2014
Boston, MA
What pisses me off is I stayed up til 3:00am EST to order a watch and I here I sit with no real updates on processing times. If they couldn't fulfill initial orders they should've pushed back the launch.

Tragic Gnome

macrumors newbie
Dec 21, 2011
United Kingdom
Just got an update on my order status page 5/27 - 6/10.

...but i was called a troll on another thread lol

This is for the 42mm space grey sport...black band

Just happy to see some progress and not in limbo.

Will this stop me from checking my order update 2x a day? No. ;)

Only two times a day? I am constantly checking. It must average once every 15 minutes! I’m far too impatient for this.

hollose

macrumors newbie
Apr 14, 2010
Copenhagen, Denmark
UK order - still no (good) news

I ordered a 42mm SS Milanese and a 42mm Sport Green in two seperate orders (in the UK).

Still the 4-6 weeks (May 12-26) time frame on the SS and June on the Sport....

Guess there is a medical term for this waiting anxiety and checking order status a couple of times each day...

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
While waiting, you guys should buy a good stainless steel polish for scratches. Polished stainless scratches easily. The good thing is the scratches can be massaged out with a good polish. Just be careful around the small ports.

I had to talk someone off the ledge yesterday. He'd never worn watches so didn't understand stainless.

You just need to explain that the Classic ipods were SS, that will make people understand how easily it can scratch :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.