Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sutty100

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 13, 2014
I just took delivery of a macbook early 2008 from ebay. The seller said the screen was in great condition and had actually been replaced by apple in 2013 along with the keyboard. Powering it up I noticed several dark smudges at the bottom of the screen. Tried to clean them but quickly realized they were behind the glass. Also I have noticed when viewing from the side there is a strange whiteish marks on the screen around where the apple logo is on the back. Also when the screen is moved slightly pressure marks appear on the screen where those smudges are.

So (although I'm fairly sure I know the answer) there is nothing I can do with this screen short of replacing it? Which I am not going to do.

Second is it actually plausible for apple to of replaced a 2008 macbook screen in 2013, would it not of been out of even paid repair support by then? My suspicion is some useless person has replaced the screen and done a very bad job of it!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.