Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

42mm-SS-LB-Apple-Watch1-250x276.jpeg
While many customers have been receiving their Apple Watch pre-orders earlier than expected, all 42mm Apple Watch Sport and stainless steel Apple Watch models now have shipping estimates of July on the Apple Online Store in the United States for new orders. Apple Watch Edition shipping times have not changed.

Now that the calendar has turned to May, it is likely that Apple has simply bumped forward its original June estimates for 42mm models to July to remain conservative. Many pre-orders with initial shipping estimates of 4-6 weeks or later have already been shipped or delivered, as Apple appears to be making up ground on most models.

The only two Apple Watches that remain virtually nowhere to be seen are the 38mm and 42mm Space Black with Link Bracelet models, both of which remain available to ship in 4-6 weeks or later for most customers. Earlier this week, it was reported that a Taptic Engine defect may have contributed to Apple Watch supply constraints, but the issue was caught before any units were shipped to customers and has since been resolved.

Article Link: Most 42mm Apple Watches Now Estimated to Ship in July

bbeagle

macrumors 68040
Oct 19, 2010
Buffalo, NY
The other reason shipping estimates for new orders have been moved to July, is that, maybe people are still buying them? That's not even a possibility?

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
Good job Tim Cook.

All that time worrying about what Indiana is doing is working wonders for quality and logistics at Apple.

wkadamsjr

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2010
My estimated time to order one: Never

Really appreciate the insightful opinion.

On a related note, I am waiting until shipping estimates come down to at least a week or two before placing an order. By that time, hopefully the kinks will be worked out as well.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
The other reason shipping estimates for new orders have been moved to July, is that, maybe people are still buying them? That's not even a possibility?

But that's not clickbait which is all the internet seems to be about these days. There's nothing really to report here but hey it will get hundreds of clicks and I guess that's all that matters these days.

AbblePC

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2009
Many pre-orders with initial shipping estimates of 4-6 weeks or later have already been shipped or delivered, as Apple appears to be making up ground on most models.

My 4/24 - 5/8 order must have been delivered to someone else, oh wait it was.

42mm Stainless Steel with Milanese Loop, order confirmed by Apple 4/10 @ 3:08am EDT. No update from Apple Whatsoever, however I sit here watching these very models ordered minutes to hours later, going to others throughout the world, and some are even moving within 2 hours distance from me in Harrisburg PA.

I never recall an Apple pre-order taking so long to fulfill and be so oddly dispersed. So much for the 1st come 1st served customer service mantra.

thekeyring

macrumors 68040
Jan 5, 2012
London

Or even that were now in May and it's taking an estimated 2 months for them to arrive?

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
Lol, they may preview iOS 9 and Watch OS 1.1 in June before I get my April 10th pre-ordered watch. Ridiculous. I'd love to see if they pull off that June date of having watches in stores. It damn sure won't be early June.

Jayfar

macrumors newbie
May 1, 2015
I feel like I haven't seen anyone post that they recieved a 42mm SS with BSB either. I still have a 5/13-5/24 ship date. Has anyone seen any of those floating around or recieved one?

Keane16

macrumors 6502a
Dec 8, 2007
My 4/24 - 5/8 order must have been delivered to someone else, oh wait it was.

42mm Stainless Steel with Milanese Loop, order confirmed by Apple 4/10 @ 3:08am EDT. No update from Apple Whatsoever, however I sit here watching these very models ordered minutes to hours later, going to others throughout the world, and some are even moving within 2 hours distance from me in Harrisburg PA.

I never recall an Apple pre-order taking so long to fulfill and be so oddly dispersed. So much for the 1st come 1st served customer service mantra.

It's not even the 8th of May yet. They're doing just as described for YOUR delivery.

After the 8th, moan, cry, whine - whatever you feel. But until then relax.

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
same in Germany but the 38 mm ones have been updated to "2-3 weeks" instead of "June" except the space grey which still says "June"

foobarbaz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2007
Last night it was still June.

So exactly on May 1st, shipping estimates change from June to July.

I'm betting they just hardcoded the estimate to say the month after next, because they have no idea how many they'll be able to make.

JTR555

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2013
Virginia
Apple Watch 2 will be out before the First Gen arrives in mail at this rate :eek:

I'm not convinced that the Apple Watch will be refreshed as often as the iPhone or even iPad. We could be looking at a longer cycle more akin to the Apple TV.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.