Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Agent OrangeZ

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 17, 2010
Planet Earth
I am actually surprised how well iPhone 6 does considering it's 1GB of RAM compared to the 3GB in the other 2 phones!

Ultra AleM

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2012
Italy
I am actually surprised how well iPhone 6 does considering it's 1GB of RAM compared to the 3GB in the other 2 phones!

Well, the other phones have a true multitasking, though. The iPhone 6 has just a "freeze apps" feature.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
Not quite sure how that test covered the reloading issue.
I didn't see any web browsers opened, work done in them, swapping between apps and tabs and looking for reloads. Just quickly flicking between a couple of things doesn't test anything.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Not quite sure how that test covered the reloading issue.
I didn't see any web browsers opened, work done in them, swapping between apps and tabs and looking for reloads. Just quickly flicking between a couple of things doesn't test anything.
Loading apps takes memory and switching between them excersices that. It doesn't have to be tabs in a browser.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
Loading apps takes memory and switching between them excersices that. It doesn't have to be tabs in a browser.

I know, because apps reload like crazy on my 6+. I just meant that most people who have RAM problems do work in browser tabs and then switch to an app, they don't have a couple of apps open and quickly flick between the two without doing anything.
That video test was pointless and only interested in speed. No way did it show that 1GB of iPhone RAM holds its own compared to 3GB on an Android device.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.