Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fre3way

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 28, 2014
I bought the iPhone 6 when it first came out but now I just noticed the screen is clicking. Its especially annoying when I'm talking on the phone and it clicks as it touches my face at times. I also have the moved front camera so I'm hoping they can give me a replacement. Will apple replace it and will the replacement be refurbished? I just don't want some used iphone when I paid full price for a new one.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
I bought the iPhone 6 when it first came out but now I just noticed the screen is clicking. Its especially annoying when I'm talking on the phone and it clicks as it touches my face at times. I also have the moved front camera so I'm hoping they can give me a replacement. Will apple replace it and will the replacement be refurbished? I just don't want some used iphone when I paid full price for a new one.

The clicking has been reported many times and Apple will replace you phone. It will be a refurb, that you will not be able to tell the difference from new, to replace it. They can not give you a new phone as your phone is no longer new.

futurefortress

macrumors newbie
Jul 22, 2013
My screen was clicking as well, on the upper left side near the lock button. I've had the phone since launch week, but just noticed it making the noise in the last few weeks. I even noticed that the sound and volume of the clicking would change with time of day/temperature. I took it to Apple and waiting close to 2 hours for them to swap my display for a new one. After I got the phone in my car, I noticed it was still making the clicking noise in the same spot, with the brand new display. Now I'm convinced it's the actual housing of the phone! Maybe it's bent or misshaped to cause the screen not to be fitting into place.. Either way, I don't think I'm going to bother taking it back into Apple. It's not a huge deal for me personally, just kind of annoying at times.

MacDavey

macrumors newbie
May 3, 2015
UK
My 5C has a clicking screen so I took it to the Apple store and they said it wasn't normal and replaced the screen. It started clicking again and they replaced the whole phone.

Unfortunately I had this issue 4 times with my 5C though, but I've never had it with any other model.

Screen clicking isn't normal and I'd always take a phone back if this happened.

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
I've had my 6 plus since early Ocober and just recently experienced the clicking screen. What's super odd is that I first noticed it while in a Shumuri case and thought it was the case but also did it outside of the case. I put it back in the Apple case and the clicking stopped. Do you suppose it gives the phone just a bit of extra rigidity to stop the looseness?

Smoothie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2007
California
My launch iPhone 6 just had a hardware failure (kernel panics, wifi and bluetooth radios not working). Apple replaced it last week. The replacement has a clicking screen in the lower right corner. According to the serial number, the replacement was manufactured or refurbished in April. If the screen was assembled as part of that process, it looks like they need to work on a better system for attaching the screen.

TruthWatcher412

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
I ordered on the first day of pre-orders from Verizon and just noticed this recently as well. Will they replace my phone free since it's within the first year? I know it'll be refurbished.

CYKBC

macrumors 6502
Oct 15, 2014
This is quite common. Had it on 5s, 6 and six plus. It's the glue or something they use.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.