Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

apunkrockmonk

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2005
Rochester, NY
I only noticed myspace running badly on firefox, it runs fine on safari, for me at least. This holds true on my old iBook G4 and on my new Macbook Pro. The only thing that bogs it down would be pages with alot of the transparency... or people with WMP files, cause I didn't install flip4mac yet cause it isn't a universal binary.

rye9

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2005
New York (not NYC)
I noticed the same thing and started a thread about this too, but it got no attention. :D Oh, theres also an Intel iMac ad as well on MySpace.

macOSX-tastic

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2005
At the Airport. UK
i havent noticed any performance problems in terms of myspace, on either browser. is it editing or viewing? i dont have a myspace myself, but i view my friend's ones a lot.

S

rye9

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2005
New York (not NYC)
I have little trouble using MySpace with my iBook. What problems are common with Macs and MySpace? Actually, theres one of my friends profile which makes Safari crash, but all other profiles are fine.

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
Myspace runs fine on Safari. It's the punk kids who think they can code up a storm and add all kinds of unnecessary code to their page so they can have 18 marijuana plants animated at the same time, 14 nude stripper videos playing, and 7 emo rocker songs available to play that make the pages crash a browser.

</rant>

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
Daedalus256 said:
This may be a sign that you should stop using myspace. In fact, the entire world should stop using that abortion of a website.

i can't stand MySpace. its horrible. and it runs terribly for everyone. everywhere. no matter the platform. its terrible.

bigandy

macrumors G3
Apr 30, 2004
Murka
rye9 said:
Do you mean "runs" fine on Safari?

i base myself in several places in my university - all full of macs and mac users. nobody's ever had a problem with Safari and MySpace....

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
I was surprised to see the advertisement on MySpace, especially since Adblock is running.

It's certainly true that MySpace is difficult to view but then, I receive WinNT 4.0 errors quite a lot, and that's over several different servers.

I also get a stupid notice about the advanced blog editor not being able to run on this operating system/browser yet, when I add a comment to someone else's blog entry, it gives me the advanced editor. :p

Tom uses a Mac, so it's surprising that things run as poorly as they do, but then, he doesn't have any control over the plug-ins for Mac OS X or users having 20 music videos running all at the same time on their profile page.

asherman13

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2005
SF Bay Area, CA
Apple Ads on MySpace.com

Apple's recently put some ads on myspace.com for the Intel iMac and the MacBook Pro; have they ever done something like this before?

EDIT Apologies for the repeat thread.

Attachments

• Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    27.7 KB · Views: 98

MacsomJRR

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2003
San Diego
Spanky Deluxe said:
Nah, forget about Myspace, its a horrible designed place full of advertising everywhere. Its all about facebook these days. ;)

Facebook doesn't allow EVERYONE to join. I wonder why they choose to do that considering the run away success of myspace.

Spanky Deluxe

macrumors demi-god
Mar 17, 2005
London, UK
MacsomJRR said:
Facebook doesn't allow EVERYONE to join. I wonder why they choose to do that considering the run away success of myspace.

That's the beauty of it though, its for students alone. Keeps creepy randomers out to an extent. I'm pretty sure Facebook is more popular in Universities thn Myspace. It certainly is where I am. Myspace is nothing here.

p0intblank

macrumors 68030
Sep 20, 2005
New Jersey
Sweet! :D The more Apple ads, the better!

As for MySpace and Mac-compatibilty, Safari rarely crashes for me anymore. It used to be really bad, but I think it was those Windows Media videos that were doing it... now everyone uses MySpace's music players.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.