Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

josh bear

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 11, 2010
Hi all

From other threads it appears that random deliveries are taking place in some UK stores.
The threads indicate that

Apple White city had silver and gold. No idea which spec.
Leicester had the basic in silver and gold.
Same for the Trafford centre store
Reading and Basingstoke had none but we're expecting some by Wed according to the people I spoke to.
One thread reported that Covent Garden and regent street in London had none.

Another person commented that currys had display stock and that you could order from them for delivery within the week.

I can't see any sort of pattern to the deliveries. Has anyone seen stock to buy in any UK store?

I have one on order but if there is stock then I can buy and then cancel the order.

Thanks

Josh

judethat

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2007
Going to check out Bath Apple Store on Wednesday in hope to pick one up then cancel my online order.. Will update if successful.

moxxey

macrumors regular
Feb 27, 2011
Going to check out Bath Apple Store on Wednesday in hope to pick one up then cancel my online order.. Will update if successful.

They didn't have any in the Bath store as of yesterday. Only display models. Maybe give them a call first?

Let me know if they have stock on Wednesday as I'll get down there soon after!

judethat

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2007
They didn't have any in the Bath store as of yesterday. Only display models. Maybe give them a call first?

Let me know if they have stock on Wednesday as I'll get down there soon after!

will do

Banquo's Ghost

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2014
Devon, UK
There's no stock at the Exeter, UK Apple store. They have no idea when there may be, though the chap I spoke to was aware that some UK stores got limited stock.

james4cett

macrumors newbie
May 4, 2015
Visited the Trafford Centre store today. Was first told that there were none in stock, then that there were 2 gold and 2 silver (base model). Got told someone would come over to help me purchase it, waited 20 minutes and no one came. Asked again. Finally went to purchase, only to be told there was only silver in stock. Still went ahead with it, rather excited, then told at the very last minute that there were none in stock! What a shambles! I have never had a bad experience in the Apple Store until today. They all seemed to be clueless.

Also went to the Manchester Arndale store afterwards, they had just sold out. The guy there told me that they received 10 gold and 10 silver base models on Friday, and that there might be another delivery this week.

moxxey

macrumors regular
Feb 27, 2011
...and that there might be another delivery this week.

At a guess, I'd say by Wednesday/Thursday, as a big UPS shipment is on the way to the UK right now and I'd assume that also includes store stock delivery.

When I spoke with the Bath store they asked me when mine was due as they had no idea when their MacBook stock was incoming! Mine is due Wednesday.

lo100469

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2013
Brussels
There was a gold one at London Heathrow Terminal 5 last Friday, but only pre-orders were possible of course....
I played with it for 5 minutes, those tables are horrible really, the angle is just wrong. i thought the screen was a bit wobbly but i suspect someone tried to push it too far back as they glued the laptop to the table.....
For the rest (screen,keyboard,UI) i found it really great and cannot wait for mine to arrive.

Elise

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2007
London
Just came back from Brent Cross for some local retail therapy - no units for sale there.

The more I use it, the more I seem more at ease with the keyboard.

judethat

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2007
Went to Apple Store in Bath today and managed to get the adapters. No stock at all on MacBook and no idea when they will get any. Said only flagship stores getting stock first. Adaptors not on display but asked an assistant as was paying for AppleCare on my watch and they had them in stock room.

nearlycried

macrumors newbie
May 3, 2015
Went to Apple Store in Bath today and managed to get the adapters. No stock at all on MacBook and no idea when they will get any. Said only flagship stores getting stock first. Adaptors not on display but asked an assistant as was paying for AppleCare on my watch and they had them in stock room.

Weird how you have the adaptors and no MacBooks, I bought a Macbook from the Leicester store on Sunday and they had no adaptors. You'd think they'd bundle those kind of things together.

Such a strange system.

Banquo's Ghost

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2014
Devon, UK
Weird how you have the adaptors and no MacBooks, I bought a Macbook from the Leicester store on Sunday and they had no adaptors. You'd think they'd bundle those kind of things together.

Such a strange system.

Not a system at all, I think. Such disjointed supply proves to my satisfaction that there's nothing planned about this launch, it's just a giant cluster****.

moxxey

macrumors regular
Feb 27, 2011
Went to Apple Store in Bath today and managed to get the adapters. No stock at all on MacBook and no idea when they will get any.

When I was in there at the weekend they said they expected some to come in on Wednesday this week. Which makes sense - UK stock is being shipped right now by UPS, for a Wednesday delivery.

I thought you were going in Wednesday?

Leeds Trinity (which has stock) is no more or less a 'flagship' Apple Store than Bath. Bath is actually quite large - larger than the Bristol store, for example.

blat

macrumors newbie
May 3, 2015
Checked now at Stratford.
They have had "very few" units for sale over the weekend but they're gone by now.
Clueless about when would they get more.

judethat

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2007
When I was in there at the weekend they said they expected some to come in on Wednesday this week. Which makes sense - UK stock is being shipped right now by UPS, for a Wednesday delivery.

I thought you were going in Wednesday?

Leeds Trinity (which has stock) is no more or less a 'flagship' Apple Store than Bath. Bath is actually quite large - larger than the Bristol store, for example.

Two of the Apple staff at Bath independently both said they had no idea when stock coming in. Maybe the weekend guys know more. May try again tomorrow or was thinking trying Reading or London as I have a couple of days off. It was such a miserable day weatherise today we cancelled what was planned for today and went to Bath instead. To be honest I don't think any of the floor staff have any idea when stock will come in. The flagship thing makes sense I suppose they may know more but it all seems pretty random.

josh bear

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 11, 2010
Hi

Staff at Basingstoke said try Wednesday. If you get any info on Reading let us know.

Josh

judethat

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2007
FYI John Lewis have just added the new MacBook as a new product category online (although out of stock) they must be expecting them soon.

moxxey

macrumors regular
Feb 27, 2011
It was such a miserable day weatherise today we cancelled what was planned for today and went to Bath instead.

If I can/get chance, I'll try and get down to the Bath store later - sadly I'm right up the top end of town!

Mine is due for delivery today, so I'm hoping some of the stores will get their stock today, too.

judethat

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2007
If I can/get chance, I'll try and get down to the Bath store later - sadly I'm right up the top end of town!

Mine is due for delivery today, so I'm hoping some of the stores will get their stock today, too.

Let me know how u get on.

judethat

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2007
Local John Lewis tech staff said that only top five JL will have stock imminently. He said Regent street, Cardiff, Birmingham etc. he said online should go live in a couple of days.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.