Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sultanoflondon

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 3, 2013
Hi all,

I have the CanoScan LiDE 700F scanner, using MP Navigator EX v.2.1.4 on OS X Yosemite 10.10.3.

After scanning the first page, using MP Navigator EX v.2.1.4, I am faced with a dialog box asking me whether I wish to scan another page. I adjust the scan face and click 'Scan'. However, after this, the MP Navigator EX v.2.1.4 displays a dialog box saying 'Searching for scanners'. After showing this for about one minute, I am compelled to Force Quit the MP Navigator EX v.2.1.4 software, since it has stopped responding now. I have reinstalled the software in an attempt to solve the problem. The USB cable being used is the one included by Canon in the box of the CanoScan LiDE 700F. The cable is not the problem, because the scanner manages to scan the first page wonderfully, but stalls on subsequent pages.

Please help me.

Thank you very much!

mrDuiBain

macrumors newbie
May 24, 2015
I have exactly the same problem. I am using a mid 2010 Macbook Pro with Mac OS X Yosemite. Everything fully up to date. I tried to contact their support but they did not seem to have the slightest clue. I'm using the Canon Lide 200 and with the PDF Multiple Page option it is giving me problems. After scanning a few pages I get an error: see first attachement. After waiting for a minute or so I get another error: see second attachment.

I have tried to create a new user account on my Mac but it results in the same errors. However with exactly the same configuration on another MacBook Air it works fine. Canon refuses to offer any assistance, so if anyone could help us out that whould be awesome!

Attachments

• Foutmelding 1.png
    Foutmelding 1.png
    58.9 KB · Views: 307
  • Foutmelding 2 copy.png
    Foutmelding 2 copy.png
    23.6 KB · Views: 339
Last edited:

machaven

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2011
The Great Southern Land
Hi all,

I have the CanoScan LiDE 700F scanner, using MP Navigator EX v.2.1.4 on OS X Yosemite 10.10.3.

After scanning the first page, using MP Navigator EX v.2.1.4, I am faced with a dialog box asking me whether I wish to scan another page. I adjust the scan face and click 'Scan'. However, after this, the MP Navigator EX v.2.1.4 displays a dialog box saying 'Searching for scanners'. After showing this for about one minute, I am compelled to Force Quit the MP Navigator EX v.2.1.4 software, since it has stopped responding now. I have reinstalled the software in an attempt to solve the problem. The USB cable being used is the one included by Canon in the box of the CanoScan LiDE 700F. The cable is not the problem, because the scanner manages to scan the first page wonderfully, but stalls on subsequent pages.

Please help me.

Thank you very much!

MacRum2011

macrumors regular
Jul 14, 2011
my canon life 700f won't work at all on El Capitan (was mostly fine on Yosemite with the occasional crash), it won't even power up, tried updating the drivers to no available. Powers up fine on my windows 10 pc.

MacRum2011

macrumors regular
Jul 14, 2011
Same here.. when looking at Console output its a USB issue.

Update: Nevermind, a new driver got released today that got it to work (in combination with the IJScanner2/4.0.0: LiDE 700F Scanner Driver Ver. 14.11.5 (OS X) )

tried the update and seems to work, although somewhat different though, when I booted up my iMac the scanner would power up ready, but it doesn't now, it powers up only when I open ScanGear, and then it calibrates before every scan which is annoying but at least it works i guess.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.