Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hayzen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 18, 2008
My set up is I have all my photos on iCloud with full resolution photos and videos synced to my Macbook while optimized photos and videos are synced to my iPhone.

I saw the amount of photos and videos on my Macbook is missing some photos and videos when compared to my iPhone. When I checked my iPhone, I noticed some videos didn't have a thumbnail but instead a white square. When I tried to play the video, nothing plays even when I leave it sitting there for a long while.

After some searching around, an article said the photo list was corrupted and if you delete 3 certain files on the iPhone, the photos list would rebuild itself. I did that, and it did rebuild itself.

However, around half of my photos were gone. I think it's because my iPhone was set to optimized so it only rebuilt with the full resolution photos left on my iPhone.

So, my question is, if my iPhone syncs with the photos on iCloud, would my iPhone download all my missing photos? Or will my iCloud sync to my iPhone so my iCloud would also be missing half of my photos?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.