Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
Geez, looks like Samsung is trying to 'out-Apple', well, Apple. That is <bleeping> thin! I guess each is trying to become the first to reach 'paper thin' thickness. :p

Nice to see them adopting the 4:3 ratio as outside of video, it's a much more usable format IMO.

Reactions: Billy95Tech

Cnasty

macrumors 68040
Jul 2, 2008
Interesting to see as the iPad sales are down so I would think others may want to keep an eye on the declining tablet market but not Samsung.

SurferMan

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2010
South FL
I've still held onto my outdated Tab 3 lol, luckily rooted and rom'd and runs so much better than it did stock with bloated slow TW version that was on it. As nothing else has interested me. The Nexus 9 ended up a cluster and friend returned his twice, I tried, and sure enough got one and returned and 2nd one still had issues so back that one went. Only thing is, have no idea what root or even roming will be like, since it seems bleak in the foreseeable future for Sammy devices in general :mad: . Personally love the 8" size, to me its perfect, kicking back on the couch one handed (folio case and strap) and enough for traveling on plane watching movies etc.

Reactions: Billy95Tech

Rodster

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2007
I'm definitely interested in the smaller version and unless the price is out of whack i'll probably get one. Sammy still makes the displays in the business. They've also toned down Touchwiz.

iSheep5S

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2013
Scotland
Who cares... Samsung clusterbomb devices then forget about the updates. I have a Tab4 which is an ok device apart from the LAG... and its not that old but it is on 4.4.2. Doubt it will see an update. No ty.

ItHurtsWhenIP

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2013
'Merica!
Who cares... Samsung clusterbomb devices then forget about the updates. I have a Tab4 which is an ok device apart from the LAG... and its not that old but it is on 4.4.2. Doubt it will see an update. No ty.

Truth has been spoken.

My opinion? F&^$ Samsung and their tablets. I love my tab pro 8.4 but it'll be the last piece of Samsung I ever pay for willingly.

They can shove the Tab S line up their asses...

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Wonder if they update the note 12 2 line..it's expected to get 5.0 soon

----------

Actually Samsung are getting the update out for tab 4 now

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Seems to be the Tab 4 10" for now, i have the 7". I only use it to watch a TV series of choice at work on night shift. But cheers! Fingers crossed.

Currently catching up on The Walking Dead. :)

I'm sure it will cover all the sizes. It would be odd if they didn't.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.