Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kenoh

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Jul 18, 2008
Glasgow, UK
Welcome to this weeks contest.

Let's peel back the layers to the classical elements. You guys have great creative flare and mastery of painting with light. I want us to reduce our craft to the four basic classical elements of Earth, Air, Water, Fire. I want to see you combine them, isolate them, harness them to bring beauty to this forum in a creative way.

Contest ends: Midnight GMT 12th May 2015, Judged 13th May by 12:00 noon GMT

Rules:

1. Be creative and have fun.

2. No easy routes with a bog standard landscape.

3. Please submit only one photo per contest. Push your boundary experiment a little or a lot.

4. Please do not comment or vote on photos until after the judging has taken place.

5. The contest runs for one week, starting May 5th 20:00 GMT

6. At the end of the week, The judge (last week's winner) will choose a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place photo, providing as much feedback as possible. (Judge has 24 hours to make decision)

7. The 1st place Winner will start a new thread with the topic/theme of their choice, and act as the Judge for that contest. (Winner has 48 hours to create new theme)

Ladies and Gentlemen, open your apertures, close your shutters, lets see what you have got!

Miltz

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2013
093 2.0_Snapseed 1.4 20%.jpg

http://www.miltonphotography.com/Portfolio/My-Portfolio/i-WJw8X4k

Last edited:

kenoh

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Jul 18, 2008
Glasgow, UK
Now the juices are flowing... come on people, this is a deliberately broad brief to allow you to strut your stuff... lets get low to the ground, high in the clouds, let the wind caress you and well.... yeah, no setting fire to anything OK?

Let's get arty farty... :eek: bring it on.

P.S. Those who know me on here know I am a sucker for a nice rich blue sky... anyone deemed to be obviously trying to match fix will be called out... :)

Ish

macrumors 68020
Nov 30, 2004
UK
Now the juices are flowing... come on people, this is a deliberately broad brief to allow you to strut your stuff... lets get low to the ground, high in the clouds, let the wind caress you and well.... yeah, no setting fire to anything OK?

Let's get arty farty... :eek: bring it on.

P.S. Those who know me on here know I am a sucker for a nice rich blue sky... anyone deemed to be obviously trying to match fix will be called out... :)

Can you confirm—are you looking for all four elements represented in one picture? Thanks!

kenoh

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Jul 18, 2008
Glasgow, UK
Can you confirm—are you looking for all four elements represented in one picture? Thanks!

Thats entirely up to you. More impressive with more of course but not to say a good one with only one would be necessarily less amazing.

kenoh

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Jul 18, 2008
Glasgow, UK
Nope ... brain fart .., Remember : with aging , the second thing that goes is the brain :).Should have something for the contest maybe Monday if the weather holds.

That would be great. Some good entries so far so make it count. No pressure! :)

kenoh

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Jul 18, 2008
Glasgow, UK
The weight of the responsibility to judge this challenge is beginning to dawn on me. I now have a view of the challenge I now have. Fabulous entries so far guys. I have a favourite or five. Obviously not saying which so get your entries in and try to take that top spot.

phrehdd

macrumors 601
Oct 25, 2008
I don't have an entry but wanted to thank those who did enter for sharing with us. Truly enjoyed seeing the images presented here.

MacRy

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2004
England
Weekly Photo Contest 5th May - 12th May -- The Classic Elements

My first attempt at a triptych.
17498476586_b459df4a23_b.jpg

Last edited:

Hughmac

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2012
Kent, UK
B**ger, I was thinking only a few minutes ago I should have done a shot of a struck match !!

Cheers :)

Hugh

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.