Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bobdude161

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 12, 2006
N'Albany, Indiana
I posted this subject in the wrong section of this forum. So hopefully I'll get more responses here.

I have a G3/233 Mhz all-in-one (not an iMac). Problem is I think the monitor in it is dead. It tries to turn on but all I hear is a "click-click" every 5 seconds. So I'm thinkin about finding another monitor just like the one in the G3 and switchin it out. It says in MacTracker that the built in display is a '15 inch RBG' is that what I need to look for? And how hard is it to swap out displays?

Bobdude161

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 12, 2006
N'Albany, Indiana
Alright different question. I figure getting all the internal wires hooked up would be extremely hard and risky and I'm not too skilled at electrical stuff. So I will take advantage of the external display hookups. I'm looking for a 15" PC monitor and I noticed on eBay that people are selling a VGA adapter. Not a PCI card adapter but a one peice pin converter. Do these work for all monitors?

Bobdude161

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 12, 2006
N'Albany, Indiana
:D Why let an Apple die? Only PCs are thrown away, Apples live forever! I love getting freebies and fixing them up at low price. It's not cuz I need a computer, it's just cuz I can. It's a hobby.

A list of other Macs I have revived:

Macintosh Plus
Performa 600
A Couple of LC II but their HDs crapped out on me
Performa 5260/120
Power 7100
A few G3s

Just to brag :p w00t

ALSO!!!! I have a question about another G3 that has an A/V input/output PCI card. I have heard ppl use the S-Video output to use their T.V. as a monitor. Well I dont have s-video cable but I tried analog cables but they dont seem to work. What do I need to do to use my T.V. as a monitor (without paying for 3rd party software hopefully)?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.