Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

appfan1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 9, 2015
I just did an Untethered TaiG Jailbreak on an iPhone 5 running IOS 8.1.2

Just having trouble trying to install applications onto the phone. I tried installing the downloaded IPA through a few different applications but they all fail.

UPDATE: Turned out it was a SYNC froblem. I had to update APPSYNC for IOS8.

I used the instructions on this site to update APPSYNC for the installed IOS version through Cydia. Now installation of IPA works fine.

Last edited:

dembu19

macrumors member
Dec 14, 2013
Poland
Since you have already found out the answer, I do hope in future that you pay for these apps.

Pay for what apps? Is it my fault, that for example facebook update its ****** app, every two weeks and get rid of inapp messanger? Thanks to appcake and appsync you are able to install an old version of apps, which some times are better or don't have any adds.
The other thing is, if you pay for an app which is complete mistake, you just loose your money, in this case at least you can test it.

appfan1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 9, 2015
Pay for what apps?
The other thing is, if you pay for an app which is complete mistake, you just loose your money, in this case at least you can test it.

Agree hate to purchase an app and then know i've wasted my money on it. At least you can test them before deciding if they are worthy of a purchase.

Jailbreaking also allows you to downgrade to an older version of an app if for some reason you need to or install apps that have been removed from the app store.

alkalifly

macrumors regular
Apr 13, 2004
Agree hate to purchase an app and then know i've wasted my money on it. At least you can test them before deciding if they are worthy of a purchase.

Most people aren't aware of this, but you can actually get a refund for app store purchases that you are unhappy with. It is not an official policy, but it seems that Apple has been respecting requests that are made within 14 days of the purchase, as long as it is not coming from a person who has been asking for an unreasonable number of refunds.

Jailbreaking also allows you to downgrade to an older version of an app if for some reason you need to or install apps that have been removed from the app store.

You don't need a jailbreak (or piracy!) for this, as long as you have a copy of the IPA file that was downloaded to your iOS device or your iTunes library under your Apple ID. You just have to be aware that older versions of apps are moved to the trash when you sync with iTunes, then remove them from the trash and archive them somewhere safe. If you want to downgrade at some point, all you need to do is delete the newer version from iTunes, copy the old version into your iTunes library, and sync your device

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.