Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

keatth

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 24, 2013
I get paranoid that the government can see through my iPhone at me anytime they want and I also hate opening the camera app when I'm trying to take a picture of something and I just see my ugly face not realizing the camera is turned around. I hardly ever use the front camera, it would be cool if there was a phone case that covered up that front camera. Is there?

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
I get paranoid that the government can see through my iPhone at me anytime they want and I also hate opening the camera app when I'm trying to take a picture of something and I just see my ugly face not realizing the camera is turned around. I hardly ever use the front camera, it would be cool if there was a phone case that covered up that front camera. Is there?

seriously? wrap tinfoil around your head, then stick a piece of tape over the camera.

Matt-

macrumors member
Aug 10, 2012
I love topics like this
Have you tried a sharpie or maybe a paint drop????

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
The cameras can record in wavelengths other than visible light, they can see right through most coverings.

HowEver

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2005
Toronto
Good job drawing their attention right to your door. I mean, face.

jldesutter83

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2013
Illinois

Dale Gribble, is that you?

ardchoille50

macrumors 68020
Feb 6, 2014

I have to ask.. who are you that you think the government is going to expend resources just to spy on you through your cell phone camera?

If you are so important that the government needs to spy on you then they are going to get their data one way or another, covering your phone camera isn't going to stop them.

Paranoia, unchecked, serves only to limit your enjoyment of life.

J.gerbes

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2012

You need one of these.

images

Cptnodegard

macrumors 6502
Jan 17, 2013
I just used black tape over the camera when I used Android, but not using anything on my iOS devices. Not afraid of the government, but third party apps - I can whip up something that takes photos in various situations (like screen unlock) without the user ever knowing in literally 5 min on Android, so it's less paranoid than you'd think. iOS is another story.

Sital

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2012
New England
If you hardly ever use the front camera then why are you seeing your "ugly face" when you open the camera app?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.