Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dbalone45

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 3, 2014
Can't seem to figure this out. My son just purchased a new late 2014 model and he has very slow wifi. Almost makes the Air unusable at times. He has Comporium service and the 50/5 service. His old iMac was always hardwired so no test there. It bit the dust. Our iphones seems to work ok though it is not perfect. He is constantly streaming Netflix to his PS3 via wifi. Could that be it? Netflix streaming taking all the bandwidth? He also lives in a very old house. Solid brick walls. But that still does not explain why the PS3 works fine and not the Air.

Any help or suggestions would be great. Thanks.

brdeveloper

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2010
Brasil
Can't seem to figure this out. My son just purchased a new late 2014 model and he has very slow wifi. Almost makes the Air unusable at times. He has Comporium service and the 50/5 service. His old iMac was always hardwired so no test there. It bit the dust. Our iphones seems to work ok though it is not perfect. He is constantly streaming Netflix to his PS3 via wifi. Could that be it? Netflix streaming taking all the bandwidth? He also lives in a very old house. Solid brick walls. But that still does not explain why the PS3 works fine and not the Air.

Any help or suggestions would be great. Thanks.

It can be the Wi-Fi channel. Some places with high populational density seem to have trouble with channels 1 or 11. Channel 4 works better to me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.