Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

MacPrime.ch claims to have knowledge of an April 1st Special Event from Apple marking their 30th anniversary.

According to the site, Apple will be releasing a new product ("ultimate") which is related to "communication", will be available in 7 different colors, and will be immediately available.

No known history of reliability with this site. Apple has been widely speculated to hold some sort of media event surrounding April 1st, but no reliable information has confirmed it.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
Ooooo.....

I'm hoping we see an invitation soon, it's coming up to Tuesday over there eh? One week seems to be the norm for a media event press release.

CMon Intel iBook replacements!!!

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
The Tuesday after the 1st seems more likely to me.

And 7 colors? Even the popular iPod only comes in two. Jumping all the way to 7 would be a surprise.

jimN

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2005
London
some chap on the thinksecret forums is claiming to know someone working on a commercial for an apple phone. All very tenuous but all part of the puzzle. We'll know in a fortnight!

MacQuest

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2003
You See Dead People...
easymac800g4 said:
im not so sure about the apple phone though. it seems like apple is stepping a little out of their market on this one

In summer of '02, Steve Jobs announced a "partnership between Apple, Cingular, amd Sony-Ericcson. I know because I was in the market for a phone and a service provider, so I chose a Sony phone and Cingular service.

It seems obvious now that Sony-Ericcson has been replaced by Motorola, probably because of a strained relationship based on the fact that Sony has had it's mp3 playing arse handed to it by Apple's iPod and iTunes. [Does Sony even still have it's online music download service? What was that called, Sony Connect? Just wondering...].

Point is, was SJ's announcing a partnership with Cingular simply for iTunes integration in other manufacturers' phones 3 years later? It's possible, but I doubt it.

I think Apple's been building their MVNO phone network option and accompanying iPhone / MacPhone for several years now.

DCapple

macrumors regular
Feb 28, 2006
easymac800g4 said:
i would love to see a new ibook (macbook). im not so sure about the apple phone though. it seems like apple is stepping a little out of their market on this one

yes i think it kinda out of their league but it is definitely will be a very cool phone...:) :) :)

liketom

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
1st April bring it on as it's my Birthday :cool: Yay

iBooks would be nice but i'm looking for them pro apps being ready

sunfast

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2005
Really can't wait to see an intel iBook. I hope Apple have something special lined up for it.

Voidness

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2005
Null
No new iBooks please! I just bought mine... 8 months ago :D

I'd love to see how the new iBooks would look like, I do expect a major change in form factor, or atleast it should become slightly thinner.

But what up with the name "Ultimate"? Doesn't sound like a something Apple would name, unless it's "Mac Ultimate": An Octal Core Mac! but I doubt such a product would come in 7 colours! :D

aswitcher

macrumors 603
Oct 8, 2003
Canberra OZ
Aghhh... The next week or so are going to be really tough on my hype nerves. Apple has already anticlimaxed me in the last month so no more hype for me.

ezekielrage_99

macrumors 68040
Oct 12, 2005
Macrumors said:
Apple has been widely speculated to hold some sort of media event surrounding April 1st, but no reliable information has confirmed it.

April 1st..... If it's before 12 could this be an April Fools Prank?

Or maybe it's the news on the *new* G5 Powerbooks ;)

But seriuosly I think Apple will be cooking up some hot new products for their BIG Aniversery.

ntg

macrumors regular
May 3, 2002
UK - Rushden, Northants
if you think of it as the Ulti-Mate, then a blackberry-style device springs to mind, running osx mobile and doing live syncing to .Mac accounts all over the place...

just pondering...

Nig.:cool:

EGT

macrumors 68000
Sep 4, 2003
aswitcher said:
Aghhh... The next week or so are going to be really tough on my hype nerves. Apple has already anticlimaxed me in the last month so no more hype for me.

iPod Hi-Fi ... in seven new colours! :p Imagine the reaction :eek:

Demon

macrumors regular
Feb 17, 2004
on earth
i'd love to see a PDA phone... although i agree that it's highly unlikely.
still, it's always worth a hope! PDA, 3G iPhone.
i could care less for a new iBook, but that seems like the most obvious candidate. then again, i thought the HiFi was pretty silly, but now i'm a believer ;)

iPie

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2006
Milan, Italy
ma241ga_90x80.jpg

Seven colors can only me one thing!

2 additional colors for Apple's Anniversary. Hurrah!:eek:

gregarious119

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2005
Reading, PA
EGT said:
iPod Hi-Fi ... in seven new colours! :p Imagine the reaction :eek:

As far as the colors go, you are completely correct - ugh. However, I did get to see one this weekend in the Apple store and they do sound REAL nice. They definately did their legwork with sound quality.

I wouldn't call it a show stopper, but it is a much better product than I gave it credit for earlier.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.